The new forum

Official news and updates
mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: The new forum

Post#41 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm pretty sure it shows up in your Outbox until the recipient has opened his Inbox. (Doesn't necessarily mean he read your PM)
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#42 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Hey I got a new avitar
I must be special.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#43 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Yep! Now go update it before I change it to something... embarrassing. :shock:
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#44 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Someone tell me how to change the resolution on a jpeg to the max allowable and I will have an avatar myslelf.

Robert Howle

Edit: Is this some kind of "hole". Mike have u started name calling here? Just kidding, but i do need to know how to adjust the resolution on the jpeg i use for my avatar on all forums i participate in.

Or I can email my jpeg to some helpful individual out there in cyberspace and they can help me with it.
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#45 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Jeez wonder which one I am... Possibly the one that looks like a Buro (ass) :lol:

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#46 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Guess I figured it out !

Yianni-VJ
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#47 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Robert Howle wrote:Someone tell me how to change the resolution on a jpeg to the max allowable and I will have an avatar myslelf.

Install http://download3.xnview.com/XnView-win-full.exe
In the Menu bar, Image->resize

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#48 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks, Yianni.

I'll give it a try.

Robert

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#49 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Well took me a while to figure out how to use the software, but thanks Yianni. It's hunt an peck for me on new stuff. Surprised myself that I even got to this point. please don't ask me how this happened. Hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon.

My Best,
Robert Howle

Yianni-VJ
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#50 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:52 pm

You are going to love Xnview Robert, it replaces the pesky windows image viewer.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#51 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:06 pm

right clik the pict. choose "Resize Pictures"
then reduce the size and it will save how you want and then do it again if you want on the saved smaller one.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Flam-Effect

Post#52 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:27 am

New forum looks great!!! Very cool. Time to brows around again.. ha ha

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#53 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Did figure out the Xnview, as u can see, but also figured it out in paint. I just don't use these apps so get lost sometimes.

Robert Howle

Samuel Arredondo
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#54 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:43 am

Wow! for the New Forum, nice improvement!

However I have a lot of Firefox-bookmarks pointing to the adresses of the old forum, and there's nothing anymore of course. So I have all my bookmarks which have become invalid!

Anyone knows a way to find or connect the old forum adresses with the new one?

RobertW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#55 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:01 am

Samuel Arredondo wrote:Wow! for the New Forum, nice improvement!

However I have a lot of Firefox-bookmarks pointing to the adresses of the old forum, and there's nothing anymore of course. So I have all my bookmarks which have become invalid!

Anyone knows a way to find or connect the old forum adresses with the new one?

Assuming you use Firefox's bookmarks toolbar: first, highlight and copy (ctrl+c) the web address (URL) you now want to use > right-click the old bookmark > click 'properties' > delete the URL in the 'location' field and paste (ctrl+v) the new URL in there > click 'save'. Done.
By the way, while you're in the bookmark's properties you can also change the bookmark name to something shorter and simpler (like 'B9 Forum')
In Chrome, the procedure is very similar... when you right-click the bookmark, choose 'edit' and proceed from there.

Regards,
Rob

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#56 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks Robert W.

Samuel Arredondo
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#57 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:11 am

@ RObertW: Thanks for the input, sorry I didn't explained my bookmark issue well enough:

Let's take as example this bookmark adress:
http://www.b9c.com/support/?minglefor ... ostid-5056

When you reach the page there's nothing, this is normal since the link is pointing to the old forum adress.
In order to replace the old link with the new one I have to know the adress of the new link.
But how to know the adress of the new link if you did not even know the title or content of the old one?
As you can see on the example link above, there's no title or content on the page, and my bookmark title is "B9Creator | Support" the default name created when you bookmark a page. Not a great help if I want to do a search in the new forum...

For the most of my B9 bookmarks I put personalized titles who deviated often from the original title. This also helps me not to much if I want to undertake a manual search in the new forum, my search results will be false.

I wonder if there's a way to "translate" the post ID of the old links, into the links of the new Forum ? As for the link example above, using the old link adress as reference represents to me, for now, the only way to recover the page(s) without titles or content

I hope I explained it well ( english isn't my motherlanguage ), bump me if something isn't clear ;)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#58 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:31 pm

Samuel, I had the same problem. I bookmarked a lot of forum posts because I use them in support of my B9 clients. I had to result to hunting them and rebuilding my list.

If there are certain ones u are looking for maybe myself and others can help u find them. I have found most of my older ones.

Somebody out there knows exactly where to look.

Robert Howle

KNSCi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:21 am

To the last few posts here...
Some time ago I noticed the same, the old urls were not working in the new forum, but I looked at the url and it looks like only the middle part has changed.
compare the old and new urls for a Topic:
Old:
"http://www.b9c.com/support/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=xxxx"
New:
"http://www.b9c.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=23&t=xxxx"
At the time I noticed I tried taking just the Topic number (represented by the xxxx above) and putting it at the end of the new url and it worked, but today... it doesn't. Hm.
Perhaps searching the new forum for the Topic number from the old forum would work.
Maybe the 'under-the-hood' people can tell us if they mapped old Topic numbers to the new system...
ZLab3d, printing with B9Creator 1.1 & 1.2 since 2013

Barracuda
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#60 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:45 am

Congratulations Mike,
I love very much the new forum

Return to “Official News and Updates”