DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Official news and updates
oliverthejeweler

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 am

Ive had a horrible experince with the manufacturer, plus there was no help. I tried searching for certain things on the forums and that suX too!! take my advice, UNLESS ur making toys or chess peices do not buy this machine..

I make jewelry and this thing did not work for me!!!

peices come out ultra heavy and are not castable.

if anyone has a solution, reply here!!

jewelrybyjustin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:52 am

Maybe you can post some pictures of these heavy models. I have a friend that has the Asiga and I think he has had more problems casting that stuff. This machine is a DIY machine with a community for support, but I feel this thread is a bit harsh.

Plus casting is an art.

mongerdesigns
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#3 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:01 am

I don't know how much "community support" you will find here, but I agree, the B9 is a DIY machine and you can't expect to have problem free operation out of it. That's why I sold mine a few months after the kickstarter, but I may buy another one now, since people are doing amazing things with the cherry resin and hybrid mixes. Overall casting resin is no the same as casting wax, so you need to find someone who knows what they are doing. Like he said, even with the ASIGA people are having problems casting it, and even more problems casting the envisiontec micro prints.

pbs
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#4 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:33 am

If you are actually looking for solutions you might try a more positive approach. Most of us are getting spectacular results. In my opinion, this is the best printer in its class on the planet. There are people here who can help you... including Mike. First, though, I think you need to soften your words and attitude.

This technology is in its infant stage and a little bit tricky. By owning one of these machines you have joined a group of pioneers. There will be bumps in the road and there is a learning curve so rewards might not come instantly. As with all newly engineered machines of this complexity post-production changes are inevitable.

My son and I shopped about a year and a half ago for a machine that would do what the B9 does. It would have cost me a cool $350,000! This machine is 1/100 of that cost. I am using it for invention prototypes and not jewelry casting but I'm getting pieces that rival injection molded parts. PLUS I now trust the printer to run day and night for days at a time with no supervision.

I agree that sometimes searching the forum is a frustrating way to find instant solutions but the documentation is evolving at a pretty reasonable pace given the complexity and the community is coming up with shared information that I have benefited from immensely. I think that in coming months there will be an established and accurate wiki that should address virtually all of the issues you are having.

I suggest posting specific questions and maybe pictures of your troubles and let some of us help you to sort out the issues.

Peter

cerberus333
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:56 am

I have been looking at the resin printers for a while and
at this time the Form1 and the b9 are the two that are getting
reasonable results for the lost wax caster audience. (b9 the clear winner IMHO)
B9 forums have a timely response, and from what I have seen
Mike (or other forum posters) give honest assessment of the product
(which is evoloving) and even the merits of using resins from other manufacturers.
I think your expectation of a turnkey product with fortune 500 level support
is unrealistic, and the sales end spells out the situation in very clear terms.
The fact that other users are willing to look over the prints you have issues with
and offer to help speaks volumes of the fact that the comunity support is
active and offering to help.
-perry

menandore
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#6 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:09 am

Remember kids, don't feed the troll!

jewelrybyjustin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#7 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:54 am

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#8 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:50 am

How much can u have asked for help when u have 4 total posts on this forum and one of them is this unfounded rant. I have only been here since the third week in July and am growing terrific models almost daily and have superb casting results (this took me all of one week to achieve) Granted I did buy an assembled machine, because I am a busy jeweler wearing all the hats at my shop and store. And just to mention I have over 370 posts. Some are questions but probably half are support for other users that are a little or a lot behind me on the learning curve.

I suggest you tone it down and work with the many satisfied users that are more than willing to help with your questions. On the other hand, just go ahead and by a 15,000 to 60,000 dollar machine, pay 2500 a year for maintenance agreement, 2500 for upgrades on the software, 400 per liter resin, etc...... then u MIGHT get the support you think you should be getting for your money.

Your comments are so off base it makes me wonder if u are a salesman for the competition and just can stand the fact that a "crowd funded", open source project is doing so well, and has such a great group of users and a terrific developer in Mike Joyce.

My rant. I'm done, for now.......

Robert E. Howle
Goldsmith - Jeweler
Dance like nobody's watching!

pbs
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:07 am

Here's a printable feedable troll: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:46891

Happy Birthday...

cl2635
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#10 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am

trolololololololololo

and you failed at that miserably too

tobyramp@hotmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#11 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 am

I love mine and want to buy yours. Send me pm if you want to sell.

mongerdesigns
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#12 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:52 am

The funny thing is he is trying to sell a used (or maybe abused in his case) machine for the same $5000 that the new one costs.

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#13 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:31 am

This just made me laugh.
Clearly just a troll, I just finished my first print and Boom it came out great. I followed instructions and my print cam out great.
The biggest plus of this B9 is not how good the model comes out, It is the QUALITY OF PEOPLE that are getting behind it. TOGETHER WE will all make it Bloom.
I may be new to this technology but I plan on doing everything I can to contribute to it. And that my troll Amigo is some thing that you will never get from a corporate sales company.
Red Door Distributions
www.reddoordistributions.com
619-564-6698

zargar
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: DO NOT BUY B9 PRODUCTS

Post#14 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:33 pm

This is really great machine even i have some issues but as the bloggers said this tech is on infant stage.i ve 20 years casting exp bur still em learning every day to find out my mistakes. really cheerish about getting help from forum and MIKE directly all the ppl are very kind and helpful for beginners.
This subject remind me about the prints are bit heavy than envisiontec prints i compare same print by both machine is it about resin or hardware difference? ??

Kashif

zargar
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#15 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Help less to attach pictures here i would like to show my mixed resins prints they really awsome ( 1 red +1 cherry +1 pic 100 g )

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#16 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:28 pm

To post pictures with your files go to the bottom and click on the three horizontal bars (right side of "options") to get "attachments", then click "attachments". Choose a file, click "place inline" then "Submit"

Robert Howle

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#17 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Wow
You post 5 times since Oct. 2013 and your first post was to sell the machine after running it one time.

you don't deserve to be a B9 owner.

You don't have any experience to make a statement such as you have.
Too bad you think your time is so much more precious than the others here that you have never bothered to attempt printing models.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#18 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:56 pm

As I have stated before. Funny that there are nearly 1000 machines out there now and u are telling all those users not to buy. Also funny that of all those users out there around the world u are the only one with that opinion. Maybe the problem is not the machine. Patience is deff a virtue.

I'll give u $1,000.00 for your B9 paper weight, after all according to u it's worth less than that. Offer only good if it's the new v1.2 machine, I already have one of each.

Robert Howle

RobertH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#19 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Someones looking to eat without chewing it first, like the kids at age 0-1 or so. Life itself is a classroom on its own, smart people learn from their mistakes, geniuses learn from others. Guess someones neither one. :lol:

laurisha
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#20 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:57 am

The first day when i assembled the machine i did a lot of mistakes and couldn't get the machine running perfect. but that was only the first day. i asked Robert Howle for help and he trained me with the basics and so far the machine is running 100 miles an hour and so happy with it. i am happy to buy it from you only if you bring it yourself to Australia because i need to give you some advise about life..... Muwahahahahahahahahahaahah

Return to “Official News and Updates”