New Prints (non jewellry)

Post photos of your Creations!
evshipard
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

New Prints (non jewellry)

Post#1 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi all,
I have been experimenting with my b9 for a little while now. I've embraced Barnes Breakable Glass as an alternative to Sylgard and loving it.

I'm very keen to try the new Emerald and Black resins but at this stage still working through my Cherry Resin. I have also been trialing some local resins which have been very durable and quick to cure but not quite there with detail at 30microns just yet- fingers crossed. If anyone knows of an Australian based shop for Emerald or Black please get in touch.

I have always been impressed with the design of the Narcissus shuttle. This is a 3d print at 30 microns finished with acrylics and measures about 60mm long.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: New Prints (non jewellry)

Post#2 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:59 pm

Love the finished piece. Nice paint job!

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#3 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:09 am

Nice.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Finished pieces like that have a home in the "Gallery". This is the first place potential B9 buyers look, they want to see the quality of prints, castings, and model makers results. Many lookers don't have time to read the forum.

Robert Howle

evshipard
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Thanks.
Good point on the Gallery section Robert- I didn't know we had a showcase for prints.

Some more recent prints at 30microns-

Custom model parts from Maya and zBrush...

Zbrush sculpt...

Paul Braddock's Death Trooper...
Last edited by evshipard on Sat May 21, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#6 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Nice work, wish I had the time to learn zbrush. Don't know if I have the talent to sculpt, but can't find out doing it this way.

Robert Howle

Harry T.
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:30 am

I really need to learn Zbrush, got any good free tutorial videos/blogs you can recommend?

Poco Tazio
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#8 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:55 am

Ooh! Love the Narcissus! :D

evshipard
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:18 pm

ZBrush isn't the most intuitive software package but once you get your head around it it is very fast and efficient. We use it on feature films for concept art and production and have only recently started outputting STLs from it. I believe a foundation in traditional sculpting is pretty much essential before diving in the digital realm. Most models I build are initiated in Maya and sent over to zBrush for finessing.

The Zclassroom is a great learning tool...
https://pixologic.com/zclassroom/

And keep an eye on the zBrush Central forum for good tutorials- both free and paid...
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/forumdispl ... ials-Forum

Harry T.
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:23 am

thanks for the resources, I do have experience with traditional sculpting (both subtractive carving in wood and stone and additive clay building). I assume from what i've seen it's more like clay, hell if any program was modeled after stone carving i'd just be pissed, halfway through carving a model and the polygons just decide to shatter...lol.

evshipard
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#11 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:15 pm

ZBrush is interesting- I wish it was more like clay. You can trim(carve) but it is more like pushing and pulling a mesh shell around. It's new ZModeller is great, really easy to use and good to rough hard surface or machined type shapes. ZSpheres are great for a base organic mesh.
3DCoat is all voxel based and is more in tune with additive/subjective techniques. All just tools to achieve the result.
Sculptris is a good intro and much less tech centric...
http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

The one problem with a lot of these packages is measurements- it is possible to work to scales but very unlike CAD style software.

m0delista
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#12 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:41 pm

Impressive work ! you can share your settings ?

evshipard
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#13 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:47 am

Hi M0delista,

No different settings- just standard presets for Cherry, Red/Cherry mix and now Emerald. Emerald is giving me flawless results for miniature prints at 30microns and primes beautifully with Tamiya Fine Gray Surface Primer.
I'm very interested in Andreas Deep Black resin research but i'd like to stick to the art rather than the tinkering. The machine- with all it's little issues- for the most part has worked well- I've even used it on a big Hollywood production for bits and pieces in an art department.
I'm continually monitoring movement with the rear alluminium parts and the legs- I really need to build some sort of struts to keep it totally coplanar. And I shim the feet to keep it all level.
I use Barnes Breakable Glass but have just got a new perspex vat and still on the PDMS coating it shipped with.

andreas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#14 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:17 am

Hi evshipard,

Great prints man..
regarding deep black resin i definitely recommend it for miniature/model making..
no need for making a different profile..just use the B9 Black Resin profile ..
it works great as it is..

evshipard
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#15 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:39 am

Thanks Andreas, I'll definitely give Deep Black a go with the settings in the new year. And following your fep progress closely.

Some of the prints done for prototypes and masters for miniature accessories...
All at 30 microns and each are 11mm in diameter.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#16 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Allways impressed with the work you model makers do. Continue to share. love the work.

Robert Howle

andreas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#17 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Great artwork,great prints..
really fun to paint...

evshipard
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#18 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:58 am

Thanks Robert and Andreas. Hopefully I will have some white metal tests from these early in the new year.

m0delista
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#19 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Fantastic please show more !!!

Return to “Photo Gallery”