Make Rook & sample ring

Post photos of your Creations!
KNSCi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Make Rook & sample ring

Post#1 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Thought the Make magazine 2015 printer review gave B9 somewhat less than fair treatment. Was going to post this Rook on Thingiverse but couldn't log in for a couple of days and gave up. This is not as nice as Mike's posted there.

For an upcoming trade show we made some sample rings in Cherry at 30 xyz (shown), Red 50 and 70 xyz as well as a voronoi sphere with the ring hanging from a torus at 70 xyz.

Recycled resins, default settings on the 1.2 (except MSM=0.8) with sw 1.7.3.
ZLab3d, printing with B9Creator 1.1 & 1.2 since 2013

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Make Rook & sample ring

Post#2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:18 am

It's weird, there seems to be a lot of bias against the b9. I wonder where that originates.

KNSCi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Make Rook & sample ring

Post#3 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:01 am

Don't know, but I did read many of the other printer reviews in the Make 2015 printer issue, and a lot of them didn't give the printers a decent chance. It sounded like the project was rushed. I mean, review 20-30 printers or so in a weekend? Hard to be fair and thorough. The whole SLA section was brief, they seem focused on filament printers more than ever. Maybe cost is an issue, only the high end filament machines come close to the B9 kit in price. IMHO I'd have them devote more space and more time to the project, but it's probably quite expensive to fly in printer 'experts' for a weekend etc.
ZLab3d, printing with B9Creator 1.1 & 1.2 since 2013

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Make Rook & sample ring

Post#4 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:48 am

It's a doggy dog world out there in the SLA world and this B9 is disliked due to it's ease of operation, assembly, and low cost of consumables, with no reoccurring contracts to use it and control it's use. They don't like that. The other SLA developers are drive by corp. increases and control resulting in greed.

The DYI world is threatening the old guard of corp. controls. all of the funding sites like indiago, kickstarter and so on are frowned upon by the money lenders as well. No interest charged, no loans, to trade and acquire. these too are also in the target of the the large money lending institutions.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Return to “Photo Gallery”