Anodized vat and PDMS

General materials & resin discussions
Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Just a heads up. Been printing with the new Kirk vat, black anodized. In approx. 4 weeks of printing, only filtered the resin one time (after about 3 week of prints been leaving the resin in 24/7, no casting problems), approx. 55 to 60 hrs of prints, PDMS was pretty foggy, just decided to keep printing until I got a bad print. Never did. Recoated today for first time since I got the new vat. It prints well evern with a lot of fogging. Not sure why, maybe something to do with the glass window. Don't know the reasons,, but love the vat. Wish I had two would always be ready to change and never slow down printing. I do have the DD vat but no anodized coating, so just letting it sit till I get the HD machine. Might set up old one to just prototype (no casting stuff). In all this time not one failed print. "Knock on Aluminum",

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

form
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Great feedback Robert.
Thanks for all your time and effort on the forum. :)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#3 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:53 am

As always, thanks for the kind words. I love the feedback here, feel like I'm going to need it with the new machine. I didn't put my version 1 together, but think I understand the workings now after almost a year. I guess the best way to put it is, I'm not affraid of the task of assembly now. Don't know about the new software, haven't looked at it yet. I really can't wait to give the new HD machine a test drive.

Robert

benoy
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#4 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Robert,
Don't wait regarding the soft ware. It is an excellent soft ware to work with. The printer works silently and you will love it. It has a very slight learning curve. The best part is that you can re enter the printing if it fails during printing. In India we get lot of power interruptions and I used to get lots of failures due to that. Now I rarely get a failure.
Thanks for the update on KricK Vats. I have ordered for 2. Hope to buy it soon
Benoy

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#5 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Thanks, benoy. I just don't want down time. I am behind right now. If there were a video tutorial on the new software (or something) I would go ahead now. Just hesitating. I am a jewelry designer and bench guy, computer stuff for me is "hunt, find, and try to figure it out". I have to see what is going on to understand. Most computer lingo to me is like Chinese. In some cases I have had to have someone walk me through the stuff. Just don't have the extra time right now. But thanks, it is very tempting.

Robert

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:13 pm

this is easy Robert.
since I have changed to new software I am actually printing jobs now and they look great.

so all you do is go to control panel choose uninstall software. choose the B9 software.( I kept the original download in a separate folder in case It crashed and needed to reinstall the old one)
then just install the new version and it works that very same as you old one if you run into problems call me Tuesday.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#7 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Thanks Tim, I'll give it a try. PM me with your phone number (promise I'll write it down this time) and the time diff there, and a good time to call if I have problems. I'm EST (South Carolina). It's 2:17 am Tuesday here.

Robert

kirkrhino
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#8 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks Robert for sharing that!

Amazing for sure. Keep in mind Mike's GLASS/ALU Vats will be in stock soon, results should be the same! : ) Keep your eye on the B9 store, those are expected to be in stock later this month!

Smiles, Kirk

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#9 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:16 pm

I'll get one with the machine, getting one of the first 40 (kit). Should be in couple of weeks. I'm ready. Are his going to be anodized too?

Robert

kirkrhino
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#10 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Oh yes, absolutely! Must be plated as we all found out the hard way! : )

npotter
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#11 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:49 am

I can also vouch for Kirk's anodized vat. Works great for printing, casting and everything else that it's supposed to do!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#12 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:41 am

Loaded up the beta 1.7 with Akgold last night, Thanks Tim. Don't really understand all yet, but I love the quiet motor now. Good prints so far.

Robert

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#13 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:04 am

I'm in the same boat as you were Robert, I don't want to install the new software and crash! I don't have aluminum vats yet, so I figure I would do all that at the same time. Hoping the vats arrive soon!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Anodized vat and PDMS

Post#14 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:20 pm

I know if something goes wrong i can delete the 1.7 and go back to the 1.6. It's in the downloads section of the forum> "Resources > software downloads"

Return to “General”