Auto support

B9Creator - Ideas and Discussions
Cre83D
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Auto support

Post#41 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:00 am

Wow, finaly something good! Perfect quick support, and able to adjust...
Thanks

Centaur
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Auto support

Post#42 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:02 am

My vote goes for B9Designer - you design, then you create!

CarterTG
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Auto support

Post#43 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:04 am

Since this all started on a phoenetic wordplay, why not:
SuiteB9

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Auto support

Post#44 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Actually I'll think that B9Suite will sound more awesome than SuiteB9 :)

But I also like idea behind the "B9Designer " name

Thanks on considering this point. ;)

B

madmartian
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Auto support

Post#45 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:49 am

I tried the PreForm auto-support generation and found it lacking. For grins, I imported an STL that definitely required zero supports and PreForm added over a dozen supports to it.

The new B9C 1.5 support feature is pretty awesome. It would be nice if the software flagged potential problems - perhaps highlighting them in support mode. I was setting up a voronoi skull upside down and almost missed a bit of the jaw that would have been floating in space. I know I can still use edit mode to check for red, but that is particularly difficult with voronoi models.

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Auto support

Post#46 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:51 am

Quote from CarterTG on August 1, 2013, 12:04
Since this all started on a phoenetic wordplay, why not:
SuiteB9

SweetB9 xD

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Auto support

Post#47 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:09 am

Quote from madmartian on August 3, 2013, 16:49
The new B9C 1.5 support feature is pretty awesome. It would be nice if the software flagged potential problems - perhaps highlighting them in support mode. I was setting up a voronoi skull upside down and almost missed a bit of the jaw that would have been floating in space. I know I can still use edit mode to check for red, but that is particularly difficult with voronoi models.

Under File->Edit you can open up the sliced file and look at each slice. If you select "support mode" it will display unsupported pixels in red. An "island" of red (not attached to any gray pixels) means there's an area that just "appeared" and will not print unless supported.

I'd like to create a tool that searches the post sliced job and detects such areas and warns about them.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

madmartian
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Auto support

Post#48 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Yes, I know, but with the red only showing on one layer it's easy to miss while scanning through, especially since it often appears as a single pixel (for objects coming to a point, such as fangs). Plus since veronoi models are full of holes, it makes the "islands" easier to miss amongst all the holes. I patiently await the warning feature. :)

Another thing that would help is making subsequent layers of an island red as well until they join a supported object. Currently only the first pixel is red (if it comes to a point) and then subsequent layers are fine because they are attached to that first layer - but since that first layer is red, subsequent layers attached to the unattached layer should also be red where an "island" is involved. Kind of inherited lack of support.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Auto support

Post#49 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Or make them yet another color so could keep track, ie Yellow = supported only by red or yellow pixels.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

madmartian
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Auto support

Post#50 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:25 am

Quote from mikej on August 3, 2013, 23:20
Or make them yet another color so could keep track, ie Yellow = supported only by red or yellow pixels.

Yes, I like that a lot. Then you can tell the difference between completely unsupported and supported by something that's unsupported.

cerberus333
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Auto support

Post#51 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Thanks for this "tip"
I was thinking I would have to model these in myself.
works like a charm!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Auto support

Post#52 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:26 pm

When sliding through the slices is it ok that leading edges all seem to have red pixels? How do use the tools to add supports during the slice review or do u have to go back and redo using the layout tool starting with a new model?
Dance like nobody's watching!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Auto support

Post#53 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Yes, it's normal for the leading edges of a grow to have red pixels in Edit. The red simply indicates that there are the previous layer pixel was black (nothing there).
The old Edit allowed crude, post slicing, support addition (and still does, just point and click in support mode) but we do not plan to enhance or support Edit as the main tool for "supports" in the future. We will continue to enhance the creation of supports in Layout.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Auto support

Post#54 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:07 am

Really don't want to add supports in Edit mode, was just asking for general "want to know" info. I really like the support feature, and am still learning, I think I am still adding way to many supports. Thanks for the reply.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “General Discussion”