"Slacking layer" after changing vat

B9Creator - Ideas and Discussions
behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#21 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:42 am

I believe the theory is that once they get the grid lined up then they look through a magnifying glass or jewelers monicle and make sure the image is crisp. This is because it is so small.

like i said.. I don't do it. I am only speculating.

Can you loosen the tightening screws in the back and adjust your projector closer and refocus? I don't think that is the case though.

Plus your resin looks very light. Did you shake it? Is this indeed red?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#22 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 am

You can fine tune the projector position with this knob at the top to the projector. Loosen screws and move the projector.
Dance like nobody's watching!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#23 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:18 am

You can fine tune the projector position with this knob at the top to the projector. Loosen screws and move the projector.

qnzhou
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#24 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:24 pm

I did not shake the bottle before pour the resin into vat. Should I do that? The models shown here are actually quite small (just a few millimeter tall). This might also cause the material to appear to be lighter in color.

Robert, I have moved my projector to its extreme location with the screw you mentioned. It is not possible to move it further up without drilling new holes.

[Brief update:] The new vat still create slacking layers even after recalibration of the projector. I think the levelness of PDMS coating really is the culprit.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#25 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:20 pm

The pigment will settle over time. You have to mix the resin throughly before attempting to print. if u leave the resin in the vat u have to stir it well until pigment is in suspension. If u mix Red and Cherry they have to be mixed well before blending the two resins.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#26 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:39 am

If you do not shake the bottle, the initial prints will work but have more z bleed (due to low % of pigment from not shaking). Later, the % of pigment will be increased and prints will start to fail because of excessive percentage of pigment. Like the label says, always shake the bottle.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

qnzhou
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: "Slacking layer" after changing vat

Post#27 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Just a brief update. I have switched to cherry resin, the part no long have the slacking layer problems. It might be the resin or some setting for cherry resin that fixes the problem.

Return to “General Discussion”