New Vat Print Lifting

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 30 - 50 micron slice thickness
KBS756
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

New Vat Print Lifting

Post#1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:28 am

Hey ...

I have been trying to print pure cherry since I have my pieces casted outside and they give me issues for the black resin.. tho that prints the sharpest ...

So I ordered cherry and tried to use it with a new VAT ... noticed it said on here that one wouldn't have to recalibrate if with the new VATs so didn't bother doing that ... my first print and calibration print lifted off one side ... and I am having the same issue after recalibrating the build table

... Does anyone have any suggestions of how to remedy this? ... I am wondering if maybe the VAT i got has some kind of issue ..

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: New Vat Print Lifting

Post#2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:56 pm

You still need to do a good build table calibration when you switch to the new vats. Cherry has less room for error due to the thinner layers created, so it needs to be calibrated carefully. Once that's working, you can typically switch between new vats without recalibrating the build table.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

RDSolution

Re: New Vat Print Lifting

Post#3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 am

I recently purchased a b9c and printed black with little problem after minor adjustments. I tried cherry and cannot print good calibration. I used 50 xy with 50 z and got poor adhesion. I changed z to 30 and increased multipler from 1.5 that works for black to 2.0. Print better but peg diameter size is big -up to 2.3 and height is variable accross. Biggest problem is lamination in top right corner. The flow of resin back to wiper side is slow and light comes on before all bubbles have risen. Do I need to adjust more settings?Is resin more viscous?

Return to “B9R-1-Cherry”