v1.2 HD with 1:1 Mix - not curing? - RESOLVED

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 30 - 50 micron slice thickness
alanbuttler
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: v1.2 HD with 1:1 Mix - not curing?

Post#41 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm

If it helps any one at all with spotting any pattern or other issues, here is a link to the build log I've been keeping since switching to the 1:1 mix and 30xy resolution:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

gopack
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#42 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Is there a chance the Resin has gone bad/expired? Just food for thought!

alanbuttler
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#43 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:18 pm

I think whilst I wait for a response from the distributor I'll start over with pure Red at 75 xy, to compare against my tests with pure Cherry at 50 xy and 1:1 at 30xy.

Whilst I'm at it I'll give the whole unit another check over.

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#44 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Double check to make sure that when you calibrate your build table..... it must touch the pdms......your build table may not be "fully" touching the pdms.....

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#45 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Resin does not go "bad".
Dance like nobody's watching!

ckl81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#46 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:57 am

I have been using my 5 bottles resins since Oct 2011, and it is still curing fine.

alanbuttler
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#47 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:26 am

It must be something basic/fundamental that I'm doing wrong here, so I'm going to double check the assembly today, re-calibrate and go with defaults again. I think I couldn't have shook the Cherry well enough on the first 50xy pure cherry print, and possibly didn't shake the red and the cherry well enough before mixing them for the 1:1 tests.

Unless there is something wrong with the projector, as I've only been able to get anything to print by using 4x the exposure settings compared to defaults.

The build table is flush with the PDMS, I corrected that issue and was then able to almost successfully print the rook, however with the much longer settings.

I'll post up the outcomes of todays tests this evening, fingers crossed...!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: v1.2 HD with 1:1 Mix - not curing? - RESOLVED

Post#48 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Resolved ?
why if your last post was non productive I look at the header and see RESOLVED?
I have been busy so I haven't been here alot
If this is resolved then maybe you should share with us what you did to resolve the issue.
I am betting you either realized the one thing I have failed to mention along with others
Focus ring and zoom dial. you discovered that there are two. if not it is a common mistake many have made
when it comes to focus. or you left the lens cover on. LOL
ok could it be the build table was not down. as a side not on the build table someone here awhile ago posted about cutting up a business card and placing the two pieces between the arm and the build table then tightening the nut on top and it solved the build table issue of not contacting the glass surface. another little trick that actually proves the build table calibration is off.

so how did you fix the problems.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#49 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Agree with Tim. It beneficial to all of us, especially when u have a number of posts regarding problems getting up and printing. Any and all solutions to issues with kits, is a help to all kit builders and some assembled machine users.

Robert Howle

alanbuttler
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#50 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Hello Tim & Robert, I wasn't intentionally keeping you guys in the dark with the fix, I'd updated the thread title and put an update message at the top of the original post, then was tied up with something else before I could get back to the PC to add this entry.

Thanks to assistance from Mike, we found that the UV filter was still in place in the lamp assembly. This step had been missed prior to the unit being shipped. It's a relief to know it was something fundamental, but the experience has been worth while as I've learnt considerably more about the B9C and its operation whilst troubleshooting.

Thank you to everyone that took time to comment and add their advice and thoughts, apologies again that you had a wait a while for the outcome, it was not my intention.

Merry Christmas :)

Al

Yianni-VJ
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#51 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:54 pm

I read in a similar V1.2 related thread, that the filter was in left place and curing was not possible.
However, some V1.1 printer users have problems because of absence of filter.
I am a little confused :)

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#52 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:04 pm

In the D912, the filter is removed, in the old D535 we leave it in place.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#53 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to update us on the filter issue. Good printing.

My Best,
Robert

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#54 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:20 am

mikej wrote:In the D912, the filter is removed, in the old D535 we leave it in place.

Hmm, interesting. Are you placing something in place, or just leaving it empty?

alanbuttler
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#55 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi all, just a quick update to say that since removing the filter my first print worked great. 30xy and 30z, 1:1 with Mike's settings using the defaults and MSM of 1.0. I did have one slight issue, another beginners error no doubt, I'd not turned off the task bar on the second screen. I paused the print to check what was happening after about 200 slices and from that point onwards a faint task bar was projected, not bright enough to cure properly, but bright enough to introduce 600 thin slivers of task bar into the resin...

So the rook doesn't look as good as it should, but that aside I'm very happy!

P1170382.jpg
P1170382.jpg (65.7 KiB) Viewed 3757 times

Return to “B9R-1-Cherry”