GEN 2 ALUMINUM "KAT VAT" coming soon!

Successful prints based on Model construction, supports, material selection & printer settings.
Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#41 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks KIrk. Couple of weeks won't matter.
Dance like nobody's watching!

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#42 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:13 am

amazing! looks like Christmas is here early ^^ Another reason why buying the B9C printer was the best decisions I made. Users like Kirk comes up with amazing mods like these :)

jewelrybyjustin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#43 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:50 am

Nice work Kirk, I definitely want one! I too have lots of digital scales

tobyramp@hotmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#44 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 am

Looks great. I want one.

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#45 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 am

All good news!! Thanks for the update. UK Keith is a champ. Both his brain cells know more than my bushel basket full. : )
lsw

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#46 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:09 am

Put me on list as well.
Red Door Distributions
www.reddoordistributions.com
619-564-6698

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#47 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:13 am

Man those are looking great! Thank you for your efforts on this project.
Red Door Distributions
www.reddoordistributions.com
619-564-6698

hnphan
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#48 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:55 am

Id like one also!

kirkrhino
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#49 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 am

Thanks everyone, am keeping track of all those interested.. Going non-stop to make this happen as quickly as humanly possible, and with all the care and detail to ensure quality is 100%. Should be able to finally take one out for a test drive this weekend and should be able to post a few pics of some prints at that point.

Once all the programming is optimized and things are fully set up for batch production things will go rather quickly. Just getting to that point has taken weeks on end. : ). And yes Justin/akgold, there will be an option for those who don't need a scale. Doing everything possible to ensure this offering adds a new level of enjoyment to the B9 experience, so want to make sure everyone is well equipped with all the is necessary tools to make that happen. And yes extra glass options-can be easily replaced as well.

And @ lsw have a great plan for expanding on the Keith's idea, going to take a while to get to that though. A solid quick disconnect coupler method (that coincidentally parallels with some other parts we are making in the shop) for all 5 quadrants so all 4 corners can be easily and precisely accessed in the XY @ 50 res.

Best regards, Kirk

danmr
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#50 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:29 pm

I agree with akgold so keep us posted!

Billions

Post#51 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Looks fantastic. I will buy two when you have them available.

alxxm

Post#52 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 am

looks great can't wait to see the pics of the grow +2 here ;)

Spark
Lurker
Lurker

Post#53 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:29 am

Looks fantastic, add me to the list too please.

cerberus333
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#54 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:21 pm

I would be interested.
Please let me know what the price will be,
and also if you will be providing as a kit.
curious about the milled area, Is it to lighten the aluminum?

kirkrhino
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#55 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:47 am

Hi Cerberus and all posters, thanks for your interest! The pricing estimates are listed on the previous page- and yes I believe there will be an option for do it yourself folks.

The vat is made from 1/8 inch aluminum sheet and is milled and scalloped in every way to ensure the finished product is as light as the plastic ones. It's very solid once it's all bolted together. Wanted to make sure this material did not put any unnecessary strain on the xy motor mechanism.- which may or may not even be needed- but this way it's guaranteed to not be an issue.

The floor is made up of two sheets so it matches the same height as the stock models, then starphire glass is silicone sealed securely on top of that, and can be easily replaced- if ever necessary. There there are grooves built into the modular pieces that provide the equivalent of an o-ring type seal when it's bolted together also using 100% silicone. There will be an in depth demonstration of how the low volume re-coating process works once they become available so everyone knows what to expect ahead of time. :) Cheers, Kirk

RossW

Post#56 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:33 am

They look great Kirk. Put me down for 2 for sure. If shipping to Australia in kit form is convenient for you I'll take that option.
This really is exciting. Thanks for all you effort.

tribetype40
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#57 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:49 am

I'll be interested in one of these when mine fails but its holding out for now. One thing I would like to see in your design is a clear panel in the long face of the vat near the front of the machine. I like to monitor my builds as soon as they emerge out of the resin to see if they are building well, something we can do easily with the standard vat..... a 2p thought but loving the work!

kirkrhino
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#58 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:23 am

Agreed tribetype4 -thanks for the input, yes this is another great potential feature to be be further explored. It would add a bit more time, difficulty, and cost to the manufacturing process though. Will have to see how the glass cutting adventure goes this weekend.

Going to run with this design for now, and given these are modular- the front panel could always eventually be upgraded/swapped out at a later time- should this pan out favorably... In the meantime it is entirely possible to check on the adhesion of the early stages of the build with a quick peek through the glass in the bottom if necessary.

Cheers, Kirk

pk

Post#59 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:45 am

Excellent! I will purchase Two as soon as they're available. Do not need scale though- have several.

santanagoldworks
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#60 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:20 am

WANT 2 THANKS

Return to “Tips & Tricks”