FEP over PDMS = orange VAT solution

Successful prints based on Model construction, supports, material selection & printer settings.
rubendariocba
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: FEP over PDMS = orange VAT solution

Post#41 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:27 am

Hi, Kai, I'm from Argentina and I bought a B9 Creator 530, it's fantastic. The only problem I had was the VAT, one for my negligence, I broke the film that it has on the silicone, and the other that came with the printer loses Below, we are very far from the US and until the other VAT arrives I will have a lot of work. Can you tell me what is the film that is on silicone? brand, microns, etc, to try to replace it! Thank you
Ruben Dario

kai
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#42 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:21 pm

@rubendariocba
Hi Ruben,
the thread is about the v1.2 VAT. Has the 530 a VAT with silicone and some sort of film covering it?
If so, that is kind of interesting, I did not know that.
At the beginning of the thread there is a link where you can purchase the FEP film. It might be worth a try.

lobby
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#43 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 am

Is B9 offering a recoating service for the Core model vats? I wonder if that's possible...

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#44 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:25 pm

The Dura vats don't need recoating due to use. The only time the vats have issues is from miss use/damage by user.

At present they don't offer a recoating of the DuraVats, only replacement. This would be purchasing a new vat or possible consideration from the factory depending on individual circumstances. The B9 factory is always working with clients to help whenever possible.

I'm getting close to 300 print sessions on my vats with no issues. I alternate with each print session.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Tips & Tricks”