Injection molds made on the B9

Successful prints based on Model construction, supports, material selection & printer settings.
Rodrigo

Re: Injection molds made on the B9

Post#21 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Olá Metalcaster tenho uma duvida qual resina você usou?

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#22 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:54 pm

sorry, I only speak French, English And Thai. Have not learned spanish yet...

mwm
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#23 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:19 pm

I spent the better part of Sunday over Labor Day weekend - sanding (220 grit aluminum oxide paper) two build tables to as flat as I can gauge. I used a big sheet of 1/2" thick Lexan as my "floor" for sanding and I removed the platforms from the mounting structure so as to get a block in there for control. Significant improvement on my prints and I got to use some of the surplus 220 grit that I just don't need for my jewelry work.

Removed most of the anodized red surface in the process. I don't get any lifting of the print edges at all any more. Both tables were not only not flat but a little bent before I started to kiss Sunday good bye.
Mark Morrell
MWM Jewelers Services

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#24 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Hey Mark,
They will bend again pretty quickly as aluminum and some other metals like to go back to their original shape. It is a thin piece, So I would suggest you do my process below before it does it again.

I use Epoxy or 700 oF silicone gasket sealer from Napa( Black Material) and I use that to glue a 1/8" thick aluminum plate to the inside of the Platform . Then,I use a 6 inch wide Flat belt sander and sand it flat in about 5 minutes.

Even with the reinforcement about every 3 to 4 months, I have to run it on the belt sander again...
I have pictures up here on the forum on how I clamped the Platform to a heavy flat aluminum plate with the Thin plate inside the platform . Heat cured the Silicone Or epoxy in my oven in 2 hrs at 300 oF.

You don't want thicker then 1/8th alum.or it will get in the way of the Liquid going back and forth across the inside of the platform. I know that from experience! I machined a thicker one from scratch and had problems.

m0delista
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#25 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:21 am

Return to “Tips & Tricks”