Curing in the microwave

Successful prints based on Model construction, supports, material selection & printer settings.
Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Curing in the microwave

Post#121 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:16 am

Light is radiation, heat is radiation. This is not radioactive radiation that is going to alter your DNA.

It will burn u if u shoot he laser into your finger. It will burn your retina if u shoot yourself in the eye. No chance of that with all the built in safeguards. The radiation sticker is mandated by Fedral regulations.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

sandblasthatcasting
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#122 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi Mike..Sandablaster here..great tip..but I am confused...why is that I am not longer using my UV light..instead...( Drum roll pleeeeeeease) I have a Double plate heating vulcanizer..I place all my resins between the plates inside a mold frame...2 hours...at 300f..well first the colour changes from red to a darker orange/red the surface is dry and the prints are hard and dry.
I not longer using plasticast..I am now using ultravest maxx recommended mostly for white golds and palladium 14 and 18 karat golds.
well the results are just as good as plasticast...I have been casting reds...yellow..and green resins great castings..everytime..
the problem is not the type of investment..the problem is the way the resins are cleaned...and cured!!!I received some models from the Vegas show...printed by the folks at red door distribution and they were red...yellow and green ..I used ultravest Maxx ..investment same burnout as B9 suggests 300f 700f 1350...actually I ramp to 1450f and hold 4.5 hours... regardless the castings are very good and consistent
so at this poiny..well I am sticking to it cheers!SandB

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#123 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:02 am

Hi Sandblast,
I have used R&R maxx for years ...Very good material. Very forgiving and I have pushed casting oven temperatures as high as 1600 oF.
I have recently been pushing my burnout temp for Resins to 1550 oF and getting extremely clean castings.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”