SPIKES SUPPORT

Using the software
ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

SPIKES SUPPORT

Post#1 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 am

Hi people, I have a problem supporting little prongs in a 8 kt emerald ring. In order to avoid their break when will cuts them for clean before cast the model, what do you think, is it possible use the spikes support instead cone 25%?
Look the sample:
13.jpg

support2.jpg
support.jpg

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: SPIKES SUPPORT

Post#2 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:05 am

I would print that ring standing straight up... not sideways.
It will take longer, but you might not need any supports for the prongs that way.
If you do need them, they would be the bottom stones on the shank and only some of them might need it.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Dear Daniel, themost part of the prongs are oriented with the head down :twisted: :roll: I used one other support software for the lateral support.
Is very simply and cheap about 200$ automatically put point where the model need support and then you choose what you wont and then automatically will create the colums with supports. Then I'll continue and finish with b9 :x :x :xsupport software!!! My god is it terrible
But in any case have you ever used the spikes supports?
AN NINO2.jpg
AN NINO1.jpg
support.jpg

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:35 pm

No,
I have never used the spike supports... why don't you just change the angle of the prongs slightly so they don't point down... after, when you stone set, you would move them around a bit anyway. Then, you would only need a few supports

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Like Metalcaster says, move the angle of the prongs so they don't point down.

That layout will never print without a base or something.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 am

support 4.jpg

Thanks Robert for sure I'll made the support under the shank!!! The layout on the pick is just for show the beginning of supporting work!
But the problem is that I have to cut the columns in the cad, because they touch the ground zero level, and is it impossible to use them as base. This is one other great limitation of the support software.
May be the core support soft could be enhanced by b9 staff, because in a professional machine is absolutely necessary.
Ciao Sergio

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#7 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:34 am

Hi,
I don't see why you need to do anything with your bigger supports...you should be able to import into B9 with your existing supports as they are. If needed, you can add a base in B9 that covers all your supports . Personally, I would remove 95% of the prong supports and try it like that. Only the ones towards the bottom might need support... but not as many as you have.

Return to “Operation”