ENHANCE THE SUPPORT TOOLS

Using the software
ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

ENHANCE THE SUPPORT TOOLS

Post#1 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:24 am

Hi Mikej, I wonder if is possible to enhance the support tools in two "simply way":
1) Giving the possibility of being able to snap and pick a new support on a pre-existing support.
So we'll get a lighter and less complicated design avoiding the models acrossings
SUPPORT ON SUPPORT.jpg

2)giving the chance to to be able to put at the center of the
layout a selected support as it does rhino with the command "ZOOM SELECTED"
So it would be much faster to make changes to the supports with no eye-rolling
ZOOM SELECTED.jpg

With these two changes to the support tool could become a much more easy and powerful.
Anyway thanks for your interest and consideration of the argument
Sergio
Last edited by ROSITAGIOIELLI on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: ENHACE THE SUPPORT TOOLS

Post#2 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:32 am

I was asking something similar a few weeks ago... Being able to attach a support from 1 support to another support specifically to reinforce multiple supports for larger Items...Like going across from 1 side to another and attaching to multiple standing supports...

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:31 am

Hi Daniel you are grande no grandi!!we have the same idea of the job with b9, with some little modification could be very faster than now!!
But there are none so deaf as those who will not hear :( :( :(
Watch the pic isn't necessary these uppur part supports till to floor. They could be attached one each other, so is easier to clean the part to the supports, you have less consumption of resin, and if you don't use the PIZZA VAT :D :D the pdms became cloud later, than if you could use the ZOOM SELECTED as Rhino, you could save supporting time and money for paying the oculist :lol: :lol:
support avoid.jpg
Last edited by ROSITAGIOIELLI on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:32 am

I use 47 inches TV screen for Monitor to save my ocultist bill! :lol:
Lets hope for new supports soon.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: ENHANCE THE SUPPORT TOOLS

Post#5 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:36 am

GRANDE :ugeek: :ugeek:

danfurlano
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:52 am

I get what you are saying but if you export you model in B9 you can read it back in and build on supports...

Dan

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#7 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:57 am

Also a measuring ruler would be helpful to check dimensions of the Items within the B9 environment.
Something like you click on one spot and slide to another spot and it gives you the distance in mm / inches.
This would allow us to use the b9 software to adjust part size more accurately.

Ciao!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:10 pm

I tried to put a support directly across from supports through thinner supports and could only do it at a diagonal... Ran out of space to do what I wanted. Took an extra 1/2 hour to figure out a good work around.
I do a lot of complex larger Jewelry pieces with fine detail and getting the supports to stay requires me to use bigger supports... Not a good thing when trying to nail tons of 1 mm beads at the top of a bracelet...on the inside!

_I_I_I_I_I_I_ using a thicker cross bar support and adding tiny supports to each bead that was upside down( pointing the wrong way for printing) Would be very helpful.

The problem here is that my factory does not produce most of these cad files. Customers send them to us to print and make good metal models for us to handle their production.
These would all be very useful tools that would increase the speed that I can work at.

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi Daniel what's your last post meaning?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#10 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Metalcaste does not do the CAD work and I think only has the B9 support funtion to do his printing. I'm sure he would do some supporting in a CAD program if he had one at his disposal.

Not speaking for Daniel.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#11 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:21 pm

I actually have Rhino 5 commercial and 3design, but I don't have much time to really use the programs as much as I like. I primarily use the programs to repair problematic files.
Most of my time is spent printing and creating metal models for production.... and talking/emailing customers...

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#12 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:17 am

Hi Daniel, my question regards:"
_I_I_I_I_I_I_ using a thicker cross bar support and adding tiny supports to each bead that was upside down( pointing the wrong way for printing) Would be very helpful."
Mean that you can't design a big bar apart in one other cad?
Ciao Sergio
Ps in any case nobody answer on the other question regarding some planning on future support tools enhancement

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#13 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:11 am

I don't think the co. will give specific answers to your question on support software changes.

Mike has stated previously that he is "working on it". When he has it working the way he likes and with no "bugs" he will do the update with any improvements to the software.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#14 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:57 am

what I meant was it WOULD BE much faster to do it in the B9 program if it becomes available... the reason it is easier is that often, we have to adjust orientation in B9 to get the best surface print... and that may not be the best orientation for other parts of the design.
So, yes, I can import/ export, do supports in Rhino export back to B9 and do final orientation....
FAR easier to do it in 1 program if a few added support options are created eventually.

So, this is my wish list...
1) Supports that can be added to supports anywhere in B9
and
2) A simple measuring system to measure / check the size of components within B9 environment.

Since adjustments of size (XYZ) within b9 software already exists and works but we can't really measure it within B9 !
Having this ability may also make it easier to adjust inaccuracy due to incorrect machine set up.

Currently, I have a software program called Stomp from a different machine(no longer used) Which allows me to import an STL and measure any area of the design... So, once again, I am using another program which to do measurements.
It would be easier, faster if done within B9.... and everyone else would benefit from this.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#15 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:00 am

Yes, Mike did mention in a previous post that they were working on new support options.
I would be very happy if this was included.

Return to “Operation”