Using the software
baldiero
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Exposure time setting

Post#1 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:50 am

Hi

I want to know about Exposure setting.

I don't know about Base and over, Attach layer base and over time..

I think Base and over is exposure time for modeling foundation.(foundation)
And Attatch base and over is exposure time for modeling layer.(effel tower)
like this pic.

ee1.jpg

Is it right?
If it's right, what is mean that attach layers 2?
Let me know about it what I was wrong.
Thank you.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: Exposure time setting

Post#2 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:45 am

If Attach layers = 2, then the first two layers will use the Attach Base and Over exposure times, the rest will use the Base and Over times.

Base is the exposure time required for a "heavy" (solid) model to grow. Over is the exposure time required for "fragile" (thin) portions of the model to grow.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#3 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:52 pm

question for Mike?
If base is for thicker, heavier prints and over is for thinner prints, then which direction do you go with the numbers if you want to reduce exposure time on thinner pieces.

The problem I am having is related to some parts looking like they are over exposed and letters are filling in.
This is happening only when the items are printing flat on the base.
It does not happen when they are at an angle. due to the nature of thepiece, I can't print it at an angle.

Also, Iam stuck not being able to post pictures as I have a non disclosure agreement with the client.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:16 pm

"Over" is the extra time given to pixels on the "edges" of projected images. Pixels on the interior of a area of projection share light energy with the pixels next door to them. Edge pixels don't have the same number of neighbor pixels, so they require extra expsure time.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#5 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:32 pm

So, which one and which way do I try to adjust so I don't have details bleeding together on fine lettering with the part printing straight up off the platform?

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#6 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:20 am

If you are using one of our resins, I wouldn't suggest anything other than the default calculations, which have been tuned already and are adjusted automatically using lamp hours, your MSM, Fade, Balance & Slope.

As Robert stated, the "interior pixels" get the base time, the outer pixels get base + over. But instead of just lowering the over exposure time manually, I would recommend concentrating efforts on focus and maybe lowering your MSM.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

AMIR
Lurker
Lurker

Post#7 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possibe to define the Base and Over exposures for each layer separately ?
I want different layers to be exposed with different exposure times (not only the main and attach layers), is it even possible?

I found this topic somehow related!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#8 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:35 pm

You can put in manual settings in the print screen. If u make changes to the subsequent layers (after attach layers) then u will overide the software which is aging the lamp etc.

You can change all the subsequent layers but not layers individually.

robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Operation”