Layout - Support functionality wishlist

Using the software
superstefan
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Layout - Support functionality wishlist

Post#1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:02 am

Hello B9 team,
after two weeks I have a very positive feedback on using the B9 software: stable, useful for beginners and experts (often hard to achieve) and informative (logging).

However I do have some suggestions for editing support structures - also to hear about possible work arounds:

A) undo function of last operation (useful when misplaced something)
B) keyboard shortcut to switch between add, delete, modify
C) besides density adjust parameters for automatic supports mode (currently fixed settings are used AFAIK, would prefer CUSTOM)
D) improve collision detection with model (often the mid pin section intersects vertical structures)
E) ability to keep "inner model" support structures when changing the orientation of the model (only discard support to foundation)
F) ability to dynamically adjust the foundation support when lifting the model (up/down)
G) ability to adjust bottom base of pin during MODIFY
What do you think?
Stefan
Last edited by superstefan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: Layout - Support functionality wishlist

Post#2 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:06 am

Good suggestions, thanks for the feedback!
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Bexley
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Layout - Support functionality wishlist

Post#3 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:35 am

And more "custom" support slots! I end often end up using a lot of different variations, so being able to save and re-apply the ones I use most would be helpful.

Also, the ability to enter a number for the penetration and angle factor in addition to adjusting with the slider. The slider is handy for adjusting to find what you want, but once you know what that number is, it'd be nice to be able to select the value and enter the desired value instead of playing with the slider for each support.

Return to “Operation”