Super impressed by the software

Using the software
Poco Tazio
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Super impressed by the software

Post#1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:51 pm

I have to give props to the B9 software suite. Does what it needs to do quickly and elegantly. Super impressed. Could you re-design zBrush, please? ;)

mwm
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Super impressed by the software

Post#2 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 pm

I'd buy zbrush if it worked like B9 software.
Mark Morrell
MWM Jewelers Services

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:27 pm

Me too!
Dance like nobody's watching!

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:29 am

bananas and peaches cannot be compared..I love my b9 but zbrush is light years away from 1.80 v software.... pleaseeeee
:D
It still does the random support vanishing act...every now and then....somebody is doing serious bootlicking. or are u joking :o
not saying it does not do its job....

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:08 pm

We are only talking about ease of use. Not what it puts out as a finished model.
Dance like nobody's watching!

Poco Tazio
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:25 pm

I haven't had any disappearing supports. Yes I was talking about the B9 software being intuitive and easy to use. Oh, and stable. Hasn't crashed on me once. Zbrush doesn't crash as much as it used to, but it still crashes. And zbrush's interface is a still a late 90s mess. It's workflow is byzantine. not saying it does not do its job.... ;)

Your mileage may vary.

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:26 pm

I can humbly say i use about 20% of zbrush software..all the menus and interface are customizable. Its a beast u can save ure preferences and most used menus and tools.. its on another level....

b9 software i would say i use about 90% of options....so i do agree it is easy to use
and it does its job very well.. software has never crashed since i got it running last year...only bugs are the missing supports
my pc specs are those of a workstation so u can rule poor pc out. I remember before i preordered the 1.2 the first thing i did was watch the b9 software video and dl it..looked complex but it was easy to adapt to.
There is room for improvement...Just my personal wishlist of improvements

-Maybe add color layers....and changing background colors ect...selection highlight colors bla bla ..
A built in ruler in mm that will measure not only scale*** but est print time.Based on print height..
***improve the xray vision option
add right button click manipulator for supports.. so when u go in modify and select lets say support 115 top mid or bot u can scale as u like..I know the sliders are there just lazy.
I would also like to be able to change the build table color ** that blue *** all the time :shock:

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:40 pm

I really like the software. Works great . If I could have a wish, it would be able to measure on the platform. It would Make it easy to tweak models from various sources

Bexley
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Ooh, if this is turning into a feature request thread, I would love to have multiple customizable support types, rather than just one. I mostly set up parts for miniatures, and rarely use larger than the light supports, and very frequently use different sizes of supports smaller than light. I'd love to be able to have five or six of the settings I use most often stored, so that I can switch from one to another with a click, instead of multiple clicks and some data entry.

Bexley
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Oh, and a moveable section view/slice line. The line that goes up and down the model to indicate slices works well for simpler models, but if you have something with a lot of little overhangs and details, it takes a long time to keep rotating the model around and moving the slice line up and down to see what parts of the model are unsupported. A "slice line" that stays in one place (and can be moved with a slider, independently from the mouse pointer location) as I rotate the model around would make it much easier to spot unsupported slices as I move up the model bit by bit. Even better would be the ability to hide the model on one half of the slice line, making it really easy to spot unsupported bits, much like you can in Materialise Magics.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#11 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Bexley wrote:Oh, and a moveable section view/slice line. The line that goes up and down the model to indicate slices works well for simpler models, but if you have something with a lot of little overhangs and details, it takes a long time to keep rotating the model around and moving the slice line up and down to see what parts of the model are unsupported. A "slice line" that stays in one place (and can be moved with a slider, independently from the mouse pointer location) as I rotate the model around would make it much easier to spot unsupported slices as I move up the model bit by bit. Even better would be the ability to hide the model on one half of the slice line, making it really easy to spot unsupported bits, much like you can in Materialise Magics.

Have you tried the "X-Ray" vision mode in supports?
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

RobertH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#12 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:26 pm

I have not had one single layer not being built as a result of software issue or slicing issue. I only checked maybe 2 or 3 times as a beginner to be able to support it correctly. I read on couple of different topics people recommend to get it checked but it had worked flawlessly for me since day 1.

Bexley
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#13 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:16 am

mikej wrote:
Bexley wrote:Oh, and a moveable section view/slice line. The line that goes up and down the model to indicate slices works well for simpler models, but if you have something with a lot of little overhangs and details, it takes a long time to keep rotating the model around and moving the slice line up and down to see what parts of the model are unsupported. A "slice line" that stays in one place (and can be moved with a slider, independently from the mouse pointer location) as I rotate the model around would make it much easier to spot unsupported slices as I move up the model bit by bit. Even better would be the ability to hide the model on one half of the slice line, making it really easy to spot unsupported bits, much like you can in Materialise Magics.

Have you tried the "X-Ray" vision mode in supports?

Yes. That's sort of what I'm talking about. But it only really does what I'm referring to in the top view. When you then rotate the view around to actually add a support, the section view stays parallel to the screen, and no longer displays the areas that require support. What I'd like (and maybe I'm the only one) is an X-Ray vision style slider like what is already there, but which controls the "slice line" instead of the slice line moving with the mouse pointer, with the option of hiding one side of the line, similar to the X-Ray vision view.

And again, 99% of the time, the software as it is does an admirable job of setting up files to print, and even in the instances where it's been trickier, it still does the job; it just takes a lot more fiddling and double checking. A good example of where it becomes difficult is a figure with lots of fur or hair- there may be 30-50 points which require support due to the texture, and being able to view the model slice by slice (and not have the location of the slice change when I rotate the view or move the mouse) would make it a lot easier to ensure that none of those small areas get missed.

RobertW
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#14 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:26 pm

I also think it is great and stable software. :D
My wish list would include the ability to place a model at a center point and mirror existing supports relative to that point. That would be a great time saver!

Return to “Operation”