editing slices

Using the software
Harry T.
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

editing slices

Post#1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:19 am

I just updated my B9 software last week an noticed an issue, when using B9 to edit the individual slice layers, all tools create a white mark (the black pen and fill tools both make white marks rather than black). I've also been quietly hoping that you guys could add a zoom function to make this portion of the program easier to use. It can be quite the labor trying to repair something that is only a few pixels wide, and a zoom function would make it exponentially easier. Even a pixel grid like old MSpaint uses would be pretty sweet.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Re: editing slices

Post#2 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:25 am

Edit is old functionality that we will eventually remove or replace. For now, we expect all inspection of the sliced model to be done in Print using the Preview tab.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Harry T.
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 am

This makes me a little sad to hear as I had been toying with the idea of making something strictly by editing. I do feel this is a valuable tool to me and hope you guys might reconsider keeping it or if you do remove it replacing its function with something that allows us to directly edit still or at least run some sort of "repair" that can compare consecutive slices for inconsistency? I don't know...but I like being able to just fix the problem in B9 if there's a minor issue rather than going back into my 3d program to try and find what is causing it, then try to fix it there, go back to B9, slice, and keep my fingers crossed.

Harry T.
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 am

also thanks for the quickest reply i've ever had in any forum in my 20 years on the internet.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#5 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:42 am

We are confident that if your model is correct, the sliced file will be correct. By that I mean that each individual mesh in your model is watertight and non-self overlapping. If you need to "fix" a model after slicing, it's probably not a "good" model.
If you feel you have a good model and there are still slicing errors, please let us know and also upload the stl file so we can verify the model is good or we have a slicing bug.

Hand making a model slice by slice editor in the editor is probably beyond the scope of our print software.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Return to “Operation”