So would you have done this?

Discussions on normal hardware operation, tips, etc.
Suijin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Somewhat frustrated by getting this out of a 100 micron build at 20s exposure multiple times (by looking at some stuff and minor changes in between):

I had to go to work very soon this morning and decided impatiently/foolhardy to just move the projector up in height to about the 50 micron build height and see what happened as it seemed to me the exposure dose was low, and increasing the exposure time at 100 micron build height was going to take too long. So I changed the projector height, focused on build table, left exposure at 20s, hit go, and just left for work.

This is what I had waiting for me at home (I even had to work late):

VAT looks fine as far as I can tell. I didn't remove the resin in it, just started another build of metatron at 100 micron XY this time.

So exposure time increase is the solution I was looking for.

dragnink
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Nice progress! I also wonder with the cold season approaching if the exposure has to be increased when the resin gets a little colder (say 55-65 degrees). The area of my house where I put my B9 gets very cold some nights, I think I may get a large bucket, put a few gallons of water in it with an aquarium heater in there and submerge the resin bottles half-way to ensure my resin temp is always the same before I start a print job.

UGUSILVA
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Yes, increasing the exposure definitely works... i realized that on my first print (sphere) and then aplied it on the Metratron print and it came out perfect... (ok, not really perfect as one of the supports actually didn't support the area it should and one of the arms came out a bit smaller then the rest)

Cool effect on your print ;) nice to see your on the right track

keep up

Suijin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 am

The effect was due to just moving projector up to 50 micron XY, but file still used the 100 micron Z.

I have since made the 100 micron XY version.

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#5 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 am

that seems better. cool

Return to “Operation”