Jewelry printing times and PDMS duration

Discussions on normal hardware operation, tips, etc.
Alfonso
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Jewelry printing times and PDMS duration

Post#1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:21 am

Hello again

I've been looking at the forum, but I have not found a clear answer.
My question is, I think buying the b9 to make jewelry.
Using the emerald resin and printing at full resolution, how long it usually takes to print a complete tray, for example with rings.
On the other hand, with the same example above, how long it usually takes to degrade the PDMS coating

Thank you
Alfonso

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Jewelry printing times and PDMS duration

Post#2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:18 pm

One ring or ten rings doesn't change the print time. All pieces print at the same time (one layer at a time for the whole build area).. The print time is determined by the tallest item in the build.

My average print time at 30xy and 30 z is about 2:45 to 3:15 (rings prited vertially). That is determined by total layers in the build. Print some charms, etc, with flat backs in as little as 11 to 12 minutes. All depends on the what u will be printing.

I get between 75 to 90 hrs of print time per PDMS coating. All determined by orientation of models in the layout and supports used. Layers that are in the exact same position layer after layer will fog the PDMS much sooner than slanted supports and models that are positioned to avoid that happening.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Alfonso
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Hello Robert
I've already bought a printer before (Form 1+) , and did not go well. Bad prints and worse castable resin, so now maybe I do too many questions at the time of buying the b9... apology...
I know that the B9 printer has a really superior print quality but I worry about the sum of consumables especially the projector lamp and PDMS
I had read about the need to change the Pdms very often
75-90 hours does not seem a long time considering that an average impression is of 3 hours, which gives me about 25 to 30 prints.
Perhaps the only good thing from my old printer is that it could take advantage of all the print area
If I'm not mistaken, using a resolution of 30 only a small part of the tank is used meaning that another large part is wasted.
At this point it would not be bad that the tank could be adjusted laterally to take advantage of the unexposed areas, This at least would double the life or Pdms coat
Anyway I guess this is the lesser evil, because in return I will obtain better prints, and thus a great saving of time (which is also money)

Thank you for your explanations, are very useful to me.
Alfonso

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi,
The B9 1.2 can be set at 50xy x30 and it will get excellent prints. Thats anywhere up to 18 rings at 1 time depending on ring size and complexity of supports.
It does have the ability to print a larger then 50 x 30, but I have not tested in that area as the 50 x 30 gives me more then enough prints.

Alfonso
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:50 am

Hello Metalcaster

18 rings are also enough for me.

Also, I assume that for many things, 50x is OK

Thank you

Alfonso
Spain

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#6 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Yes, 50 x 30 gives you room to do Bracelet components and many other designs.
I have been using that setting from the beginning and My prints have been excellent.

Return to “Operation”