Vat does not moves all the way

Discussions on normal hardware operation, tips, etc.
Fabio Penuela
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi there, I hope I can get help with this, I am doing my second print, but I noticed that the vat is not going all the way, I mean the PDMS only gets expused 3/4 of the total window, it does go all the way every other three times. I can tell that this affects my models.

Thanks!!

RobertH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#2 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:37 pm

There is a flat area that the motor arm screw holds on to inside, maybe that is causing. Try to manually turn it both ways, see if you feel it moving freely before it holds on to the motor, which would make it harder to turn.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#3 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Be sure to check to see if u have had any splash over on right side. any resin that gets on the optical senson will cause the vat to stop in various positions and even cycle irraticaly. Also do as RobertH suggests. Also check that the rotating arm is not dragging on the bottom of the cabinet. Only needs the clearance of thicknes of one or two business cards.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#4 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:57 am

If the vat is only moving 3/4 (on a v1.2 hardware printer) then it's likely that a v1.1 printer configuration has been selected in error.
Go to Settings->Printer Management and make sure you have selected "B9Creator v1.2.0, XY at [desired] microns"
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Sometimes when trying to help solve problems I think I assume to much. I should compile a Checklist of "Things to Check Before u Blame the Machine." Or maybe call it "Things To Check Before You Panic", or "Things to Check before You Call Me" or "Things to Check Before U Email Me" or "Things To Check Before U Cuss Me". I'll let the Forum members decide what they would like "The List" to be called.

Everyone have a peaceful Holiday.

Robert Howle

Fabio Penuela
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 am

Hi guys, thanks for tying to help, i just checked every suggestion I fuond no splashed areas and on the printer maganer the current configuration is "B9Creator v1.2.0 at 30 micros". I try to move the vat manually with NO sweeper and it works just fine, as sson i put the sweeper starts malfuntioning.

What do I do?

Fabio Penuela

travisjohnson81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:47 am

Under settings, go to printer settings. What are the values for slide open and slide closed? for v1.2 machines, those values should be 4100 and 590

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#8 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:00 am

The sweeper should have no effect (assuming you have resin lubricating it, NEVER run the sweeper on a dry vat)
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Fabio Penuela
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:09 am

Hi Mike. Yes the Vat has some cherry in it. should I chenge the values on the Slide open position and Slinde home Offset?
My B9v1.2 shows Slide open position "3200" and Slide home offset is "450"

Fabio Penuela
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:29 am

I chenged the Slide open and home values to 4100 and 590, I will print later to make sure. I will let you guys know.

travisjohnson81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#11 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:12 am

yes change the values, 3200 and 450 are the values for the v1.1 motor. I suspect that is why it was not opening for you

travisjohnson81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#12 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:13 am

make sure you hit 'save values' after you do it

Fabio Penuela
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi guys, I made those values changes to the machine... and that worked. I am back printing. Thanks guys!!

Fabio Penuela

travisjohnson81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#14 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Great news

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#15 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:53 pm

@Fabio- Just curious why u changed the values on the open and home that caused the problem

Robert.

Fabio Penuela
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#16 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi Robert, for some reason the values there were inferior for the B9 v1.2 version, I am guessing it had the B9 v1.1 values. same happened with the Z values, I had to change those as well to a 10100 when I was calibrating the build table.

Fabio Penuela

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#17 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:36 am

The values are set the first time the configuration is set and must be manually changed afterwards.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#18 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 am

So if u have a 1.2 machine and u accidentally set config for say 1.1 and 50 xy, then u have to go in and chage the settings manually. This is new news, but good to know. Guess good reason to have the setttings in the docs u are preparing.

Thanks for the "nugget" Mike.

Robert Howle

travisjohnson81
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#19 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:22 am

I think what Mike is saying, the very first time you set the config, it sets the values. So in this case, it seems Fabio may have set the config for say, 1.1 50xy and it set those parameters. Going back and changing the config to 1.2 30xy does not change the printer settings

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#20 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 pm

yes I see, I was trying to make sure that is what he was saying. I guess we read it the same way Travis.

Happy Holidays.
Robert

Return to “Operation”