Unable to set resolution for display 2 (projector)

Software issues and solutions
Poco Tazio
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Unable to set resolution for display 2 (projector)

Post#1 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:22 pm

My old Win 7 machine has become unreliabe (occasional random blue screen) so last week I picked up a new laptop running windows 10. I have been trying, and trying, but the Accept and cancel buttons are ghosted Resolution of display ID 2 is 2400 x 1350, and there seems to be nothing I can do about it! :(

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Unable to set resolution for display 2 (projector)

Post#2 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:30 pm

This was posted by Matthew at the factory some time back. Let me know if this helps.

If it doesn't, then contact support@b9c.com

I have a new windows 10 ASUS and just havent' fired it up yet, but keep watching for things like this. ( I try to save them for future reference).

Robert
Resolution on wind 10.JPG
Dance like nobody's watching!

Poco Tazio
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks Robert. I was looking around the forums too. I wasn't able to get the slider to change anything. In fact the control panel won't save any changes as far as I can tell. This is a brand new Acer laptop with current Win 10 (as far as i can tell) Here is a screenshot of the control panel.

Matt
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#4 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Just under the apply/cancel button should be advanced display settings which will show actual resolution etc of both screens.
The slider does seem to override the resolution of the outgoing image, so increasing/decreasing the slider should change the resolution in the printer management section of the B9 Software, sometimes it takes a few time playing around back and forth to get it right.

Poco Tazio
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Matt wrote:Just under the apply/cancel button should be advanced display settings which will show actual resolution etc of both screens.
The slider does seem to override the resolution of the outgoing image, so increasing/decreasing the slider should change the resolution in the printer management section of the B9 Software, sometimes it takes a few time playing around back and forth to get it right.

I'll try some more. But man, should it be this weird to set up a projector?

thanks for the reply, BTW.

Have you had trouble with the control panel not saving changes?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Maybe someone running Win 10 can chime in here.

Robert Howle

Poco Tazio
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:53 am

It was just as Matt said! Been in touch with B9 support, and gave them this update just now.

First thing I did was move the VGA cable from one port to the next on the projector. that did not seem to do anything.
Next I took the advice of Matt on the B9 forum, and fiddled with the zoom level in the display control panel. After a few tries, I was able to choose a resolution for display 2, but the outcome was random, not the needed resolution. Still this was a step forward, because the control panel was accepting changes. On the third try, the proper resolution was set, and I am now printing. I’ll be looking in often to make sure things go as planned.

I outlined this, because it sounds like others are having a similar problem with Windows 10

Thank you Matt and Robert.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#8 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:09 am

congrats Poco. I watch all the Win 10 posts because I have to fire mine up at some point.

Robert

Poco Tazio
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:20 am

Robert Howle wrote:congrats Poco. I watch all the Win 10 posts because I have to fire mine up at some point.

Robert

BTW, the little emerald test print you sent was amazing! Man, I want a B9 Core, now. :shock:

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#10 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:39 am

When u are ready call me or email.

803-736-4441

howlere@gmail.com

Thanks for the kind words. If u think the prints are good wait till u see the print times. Most of my ring print sessions are less than an hr.

You can print 5 to 10 times a day if u need it.

Robert Howle

Return to “Troubleshooting”