Full screen layer mid print

Software issues and solutions
ereed

Full screen layer mid print

Post#1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:50 am

Hello All,

I've been having some trouble getting prints on my new B9 Creator. I seemed to only get the supports and some of the layers.

Today I decided to stay with the printer and watch it print for a while. At about layer 230-250 it decided to start Flashing full screen White light :o

Which was my cue to cancel the print and meant that there is an underlying issue here. I am using a brand new W10 machine, Connected through HDMI.

Any thoughts on what might be happing? At first I thought it was to do with supports and layer thickness, but what happened just now was odd. The print preview was not showing those "full screen" layers.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Full screen layer mid print

Post#2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:25 am

Did u preview the layers to make sure u had no missing ones or full build area layers that would cause these projected ones. Have u had successful prints before this?

When u say full screen white light, do you mean projecting layers covering the entire build area? I have seen CAD models with phantom layers before. If using matrix shade using "plastic" may help u check for these.

Email your model (.stl or 3dm if matrix) prefer the 3dm so I can check it. How many hrs on your machine. Assume u have the v1.2 HD.

howlere@gmail.com

Robert Howle.
Dance like nobody's watching!

ereed

Post#3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 am

The solid is Fairly simple (a sphere) I was just testing the Printer as I am not getting any print ATM. The Cuts look fine, and there are no Images which cover the full bed anyway. it literally printed Rectangles the size of the print area.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:59 pm

Been corresponding with ereed, he is printing now.

Keep us posted ereed.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Troubleshooting”