Lines

Software issues and solutions
jljr99
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Lines

Post#1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:40 am

I've been getting these lines for awhile but would like to figure out how to avoid them. This is yellow with a touch of emerald for color. The print was made with yellow settings sliced at 20um. It really doesn't seem to matter what resin or slice, emerald at 25um does the same thing.
Coplanner can not be the issues my machine has a solid 1 piece backing plate to keep everything planner.
Attachments
20161125_083234.jpg

danfurlano
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Lines

Post#2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:22 am

Just a guess, is it the resolution of the mesh or the STL file? Try making it finer.

jljr99
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:00 am

I don't think that is the case. There have been a lot of prints made with these files and the lines are in everything printed.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:07 am

By making the back square/ planar,( Which I did a long time ago,
that does not make the inner shelf square to the back.It can make the inner shelf worse! I had to take the guts out of the interior, And spend a lot of time with a Tsquare lining up both sides of the flat platform... which was not flat. Using what screws were in the casing to tighten and hold the inner shelf in square position. On my 1.2 machine I added 2 external angle Iron bars on the front case down to the front legs so that I could pull /push and tighten the shelf into absolute square. I get a rare occasional line on sidewalls.

Atso
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:13 am

The spacing looks very much like the pitch on the z-axis lead screw. I've had this before and it is often accompanied by an audible tick every revolution when you use the toggle switch to move the build plate up and sometimes down, as well. On my self assembled v1.1 machine, I resolved the problem by re-assembling the lead screw, keeping it clean and lightly lubricated with WD40. If I remember correctly, previous posts on this subject have also pointed to the z-screw not being straight enough giving a similar effect.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#6 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:20 am

Well this is my third try to post a responce and not working.

Test, Test, Test.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#7 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:22 am

Ok, What I tried to post before.

Is "dynamic vat positioning" tuned on. I recommend to turn it off.

Do the lines show up in a calibration print at this xy and z?

Is the gold arm on the x motor tight to the shaft (no play)?

Just thinking outloud.

Robert

jljr99
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#8 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:49 am

I will look at all those suggestions.
My second backup machine which was printing perfectly, was just sold because it wasn't being used. Of course now I start having issues with my main machine, lol.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#9 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:15 am

Hope u get things ironed out. Happy Thanksgiving to u and the family.

Robert

jljr99
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Layer lines are gone.

Like I said, my second machine was sold. That machine was printing perfect. This machine was used for 50 micron and sat a lot.

I took it apart made sure everything was good and square. I think the biggest problem was that when the window opened for exposure the slide plate wobbled. I shimmed the black nylon guide to the point where when the window was open I could push all 4 corners of the slide plate and there was no movement.
The other thaing, I think huge help was to add a piece of 0.0025 inch piece of paper between the pdms and build plate to keep just a small gap between the two.
Attachments
DSC00096.JPG

Return to “Troubleshooting”