Printer/ projector shutting off

Software issues and solutions
midas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Printer/ projector shutting off

Post#1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:08 pm

My B9 is shutting off after just a few layers. This error started as 400 to 500 layers and a error message of Printer cable/lost connection and has been getting progressively worse for the last 2 weeks. I changed the power supply checked for updated drivers and software and am current on all. I am running Windows 10 so the updates might be the problem. Any Ideas? My customers are anxious as am I.
Charles

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Printer/ projector shutting off

Post#2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Make sure no updates being installed during print session. Have mine set to "Do not install untill....."

Unplug the printer and the projector from the power supply. Does allow the projector to reboot internally. Make sure your cable I ok, maybe new HDMI or VGA.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

midas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:21 pm

I have changed from Display Port cable to another Display Port cable and then to HDMI and same results. I have rebooted everything several times (power cord).

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Did u uninstall B9 software and start over with new install. Be sure and save any settings u have that relate to projector calibration and any custom materials.

I had this happening once and it was a bad USB hub i had things plugged into.

Robert Howle

midas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#5 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:45 pm

I will try that next. Thanks Robert!

midas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:26 pm

It was the usb port. I changed ports and it is back printing! Thanks Robert!

Dovydas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:58 am

I had the same problem, tried everything. After swapping USB port I'm just about to complete a print. It seems like something happened to the port.

Glad I have this forum. At work I have EnvsionTEC and DWS machine's and there is no forums for those machines. Everything is secret and if something goes wrong you end up paying $150/hour for the phone support which in most cases doesn't help.

Good printer is reliable printer, unfortunate there is no such a thing and it doesn't matter you pay 45K or 5k. :(

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#8 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:31 am

Glad u are both up and printing. Keep in touch via the forum.

One thing that really helps everyone is posting the solutions to printing issues. Bad ports and the like are often the last thing that gets tried.

Robert Howle

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#9 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Dovydas wrote:I had the same problem, tried everything. After swapping USB port I'm just about to complete a print. It seems like something happened to the port.

Glad I have this forum. At work I have EnvsionTEC and DWS machine's and there is no forums for those machines. Everything is secret and if something goes wrong you end up paying $150/hour for the phone support which in most cases doesn't help.

Good printer is reliable printer, unfortunate there is no such a thing and it doesn't matter you pay 45K or 5k. :(

good to know.

The above post could be a great testimonial for the sales team for B9.
Let them know if they could use it without your name or contact info or with.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Dovydas
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:18 am

I don't mind sharing my experience with others, even if my name will be mentioned.I'm grateful to be a part of this community, so feel free to get in touch.

Regards,
Dovydas

Return to “Troubleshooting”