Watch out for Microsoft 10 latest update.

Software issues and solutions
Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Re: Watch out for Microsoft 10 latest update.

Post#21 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:47 pm

25 hours of computer hell... tried absolutely every combination to try and get the printer computer to work with Windows 10 newest update of about a weeke ago..... No way !
The final fix...
i rolled windows back to the previous version and without touching anything... The printer is working... So definitely a Windows Problem with My HP server/ windows 10 /and Nvidea Quattro 4000 combination.
Luckily Microsoft designed in an easy roll back. Basically hold the shift button down and hit restart... a small screen will pop up asking what you want to do and just follow the directions.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#22 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:56 am

Good to know Daniel.

Will be interesting to see if a new machine (never hooked up to a 'puter) will respond the same way to an newly updated Windows 10 OS.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

lobby
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#23 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Metalcaster wrote:I can't be the only one who is having an issue with MS!

You're not the only one.

I had a major hard disk crash early this week. Local electronics store (Best Buy) installed a new hard drive. When I reinstalled the B9 software, I couldn't get the dual screens to work.

I called B9 tech support and they reasoned it was a Microsoft Windows 10 issue. They were right. After 1 hour on the phone with their tech support, they fixed it. Apparently they just moved a one of the dual screens with their mouse (they had control of my machine) and got it to work.

This was madness. And very frustrating.

Good news is that B9 stores Printer setting on the machine. Here I thought I was going to have to spend a day recalibrating MSM. Nope. All my old data was there!

Good job, Mike.

Return to “Troubleshooting”