Watch out for Microsoft 10 latest update.

Software issues and solutions
Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Watch out for Microsoft 10 latest update.

Post#1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi Guys,
I just let my computer do a microsoft update on windows 10. this runs my B91.2
When the Update got done, All I get is a Viviteck print ... Won't print anything else.
It also installed a non existent 3rd monitor capability which can't be removed. You can Tell it not to use it...
So I don't know if This has anything to do with it or not... Every setting I had was changed automatically by MS!
My Desk top size was completely different from anything I have ever seen and it did the same to the Projector settings... So now I have to go through all the settings and change them back to what I had. Did that and All I get is a projected vivitek sign.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Watch out for Microsoft 10 latest update.

Post#2 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks for the warning.

Please send that info to Mike a Support@b9c.com
Dance like nobody's watching!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#3 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Just did . Sent it out to support. What A nightmare! been trying to get it running for 3 hours...

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#4 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:30 pm

There was also a Nvidea Quatro up date... when I did that, It fixed a few things microsoft messed up, but now the Projector does not Turn on to full power when printing.
It turns on the Vivitek Logo nice and bright, so the lamp is fine. Only has about 400 hours.
Then it does not go bright from that point on... Never seen this machine do this.
The Projectors green light stays on, does not output any code. Just a solid green light.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#5 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Tech support Mentioned to change the cables from HDMi to standard RS232 ? Cables . Did that,
Same basic issue. Projector turns on for the vivtek sign, but not for printing ... light stays on, but very weak... Projector does not turn on and off as it normally does.
Ran a Clean test and ended up with an AO61 code. Tried a number of ways to reset it as suggest in the forum, but nothing worked.
I am changing Control boards next ... I think that will fix it.. we will see.

Just ordered another control board... I think this is number 4 ... this one went because of a windows update ????

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#6 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:02 pm

What update was it? Not seen any issues here with this update history.
Capture.JPG

The control board has no relation to the operating system, I can't see how that could be related. :?
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#7 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:28 pm

It was the latest update ... maybe 5 days old. I did not down load it until this morning. Right after restarting the CPU, I loaded some prints . Watch the machine for about 5 minutes to make sure it's printing and off I went to do some customer quotations . It said it would be done in about 1 hour. I came back an hour later and I had a nice big Vivitek logo about a 1/4 thick. it ended up being the AO61 code .I replaced all Cables one at a time and checked for any bad connections.None. Yet if i run a printer test it fails and gives the AO61 code..., . The only thing that was done was the update...All my display settings were changed which I tried to reset....A third graphics port showed up in software that was not there before.The Video card does have 3 different ports . I was using HDMI since I bought the 1.2 I changed cables , then since it was a Video card issue, I went to the Nvidia site, They had a 2 or 3 day old new update. Downloaded that and Presto, it fixed all my display problems and the third Graphics port disappeared .
Right now, the Machine does all the steps correctly, just still get the AO61 code.
When i restart it, and try to print... some times the projector light will come on , projecting the Vivitek sign . Won't let me shut down . End up having to turn off the power and restart .

Seems to be something that MS did , affected the Graphics card. NVidia had an update apparently to fix this issue and It now works normally... except The light is either on or off .
no green light warnings. Light is steady.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:47 pm

I will bring in a laptop to see if it will work on that tomorrow.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#9 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:17 am

The AO61 code means the PCB is not talking to the projector for some reason, maybe the USB connection.
The vivitek logo is displayed when there is no video signal from the PC.
The fact that both are happening at the same time could indicate a problem with the projector (hope not!)
The window's update could have messed with the video signal output, as you indicate, but that should not be able to damage the projector in any way (it's just a video signal).
This may be one of those things where two unrelated issues happen at the same time (coincidence) and are not really related.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

WayneK
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:11 am

Windows 10 update messed up my video driver nVidia GTX960. Anytime I clicked on any button gave me a 10+ second delay. I uninstalled the driver, restarted and it installed an old driver. Went to device Manager and updated the driver and now it works fine. Don't know if that would help you.
I use and old Win7 laptop to run B9. Zero updates. Don't mess with success.

WayneK
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#11 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:16 am

However, ALWAYS use B9 updates!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#12 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:25 am

I just talked to my IT person and he said to uninstal the entire B9 program and reinstal... I did that,
But all my old settings were still there... He told me that there I need a complete uninstal ... Nothing should be left, that way, I would be installing a clean B9 program which should work.
Something about having info in the registry keys...
How would I do that

danfurlano
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#13 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:56 am

If you feel brave you can use regedit (from the run command) and search for B9 and delete everything that comes up.

It takes some time and if you screw with anything that is not B9 you can cause some major problems that will require you to wipe the system and reinstall everything. You can save the registry before editing but if it gets screwed up you may not be able to save and will need to do the reinstall.

hold down the windows key and press x this will give you a menu to select run. click run and in the text box type regedit.

Should look like this:

Capture.PNG

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#14 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:11 am

Metalcaster wrote:I just talked to my IT person and he said to uninstal the entire B9 program and reinstal... I did that,
But all my old settings were still there... He told me that there I need a complete uninstal ... Nothing should be left, that way, I would be installing a clean B9 program which should work.
Something about having info in the registry keys...
How would I do that

Ugh... Not sure what the IT guy thinks this will accomplish? Anything important can be changed directly in the Printer Manager (comm port, display ID)
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#15 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi Mike,
What do you suggest I try? I've pretty much exhausted things to try... Been at it for 16 hours. Julie sent me a possible reset for the AO61 code, but that did not work. if you have any ideas for me to try that I have not done yet Would be greatly appreciated.

It really seems like a software issue caused by the win update.Thats why I thought of removing the software completely and re installing. Any Ideas

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#16 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Removing and reinstalling can't hurt, but erasing registry setting won't matter.

Did the laptop work?
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#17 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Just finished the lap top test and got the same AO61 code... So something is not communicating with the projector or the Projector now has a glitch...Or?? Any other tests?

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#18 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Just hooked it back up to the original computer where the problem began with windows. Ran a test printer function and it passed with no AO61. So I set up to print and it did not work. went back to test printer function and got the AO61 code again.

Could well be something wrong with the Projector... Will test with the backup projector. Might need to send this one for repair

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#19 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:36 pm

is you video card updated since the win10 update?

just a thought
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#20 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Yes it is.
seems to just leave the light on at 1/2 power after the projector turns on.
Now when I run a printer test, the first time, I get all the way through with no error.
the second time I run it, I get an AO16 error code.
Going on 22 hours of testing and changing parts....
I can't be the only one who is having an issue with MS!

Return to “Troubleshooting”