Projector resolution and USB connectivity issues

Software issues and solutions
rohan

Projector resolution and USB connectivity issues

Post#1 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:47 am

1.Windows 8
I'm using a B9 v1.2 on a Windows 8 notebook an Intel HD Graphics Adapter + NVidia Geforce GT 740M graphics card.
I don't have a VGA port and therefore am using an HDMI adapter.
I am unable to set the secondary screen/projector resolution to the requisite 1920 x 1080p. The most my display settings allow me to go up to is 1368 x 768p.
There seems to be a general issue with Intel adapter users (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2385) However the solution suggested on that thread did not work for me.

2. Windows 7
Have also tried hooking my B9 to a Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook (Windows 7 Home Basic/Intel Atom 1.66ghz/Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator). Here setting the projector resolution to 1920 x 1080p does not pose an issue, however for some reason the USB link to the B9 Arduino card intermittently breaks mid-print.

3. Windows XP
A third alternative that I am yet to try is an old Windows XP desktop. However this is not equiped with an HDMI or secondary VGA slot and so I will need to install a new VGA card.

4. A final measure would be to buy a used/low cost workhorse netbook and start afresh - any suggestions as to what model would be the most hassle free?

PS - I have also tried downloading and installing the new v1.8 software on my Windows 8 and 7 machines. However, both of these display an error to the effect that a vcredit.exe file is already running. Said vcredit.exe file appears to be a visual basic installer which freezes upon opening.

Would be grateful for any thoughts from experienced users.

1.jpg

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: Projector resolution and USB connectivity issues

Post#2 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:06 am

If 1 is your laptop then the resolution doesnt' matter there, u only need the higher resolution (1920 x 1080) on display 2. Must be able to "Extend display"

I bought a new ASUS notebook for less than 300 that works great. Just remember that slicing with these type units can take some time. Better to layout and slice on your desktop or higher end laptop and just thumb drive over to the notebook. Make sure u check for resolution settings, and the ability to extend display. All I looked at came with hdmi outputs.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Matt
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#3 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:33 am

I would think that your windows 8 machine should be capable of outputting 1920x1080 since it has a dedicated graphics card. Try right clicking on the desktop and going into the Nvidia settings to try and change the resolution (should be at the top of the menu when you right click). Laptops with dedicated cards sometimes can't change the resolution like we need to in the normal "preference" menu. And, like Robert said, your main screen doesn't have to change, just the projector's image.

RobinsBright2
Lurker
Lurker

Post#4 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Projectors usually come with fixed resolutions, meaning regardless of the quality of the signal they receive, they can only output in one resolution. Here's an example: a XGA (1024 x 768) projector that receives an HD (1920 x 1080) signal must shrink the information so it outputs in the 1024 x 768 format.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#5 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:14 am

Projectors that come installed on the V1.1 and V1.2 are capable of outputting the needed resolution. That is not his problem, he needs the output to the printer projector, from his computer, to be the correct resolution.

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “Troubleshooting”