Vat table problem .. any one had this?

Software issues and solutions
mazen2014
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: Vat table problem .. any one had this?

Post#41 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:02 pm

For the 5 time this box appers about the connection lost .. then the print button goes back to preview .. i changed the usb prot on the laptob but didnt help ..
Attachments
20150511_235833.jpg
ONE SHIP ONE CAPTAIN

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#42 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:09 pm

mazen2014 wrote:The projector was on . But it was projecting the main screen ..
Ok i ll check the usb and retry

This indicates that communications was lost (couldn't turn off the projector).
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#43 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:13 pm

mazen2014 wrote:For the 5 time this box appers about the connection lost .. then the print button goes back to preview .. i changed the usb prot on the laptob but didnt help ..

Something is causing a loss of communications with the printer.

Some possible causes
- bad usb cord or port
- some 3rd party software is running that is interrupting the usb port
- bad (crashing) arduino
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

mazen2014
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#44 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Andrino is the new one u sent me .. i think its somthng from the other two .. i ll check tommorrow .. thanx mike
ONE SHIP ONE CAPTAIN

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#45 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:50 pm

I had same prob before and it turned out to be a bad usb hub. Change your hdmi and run straight to puter.
Dance like nobody's watching!

mazen2014
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#46 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:55 am

Robert Howle wrote:I had same prob before and it turned out to be a bad usb hub. Change your hdmi and run straight to puter.

I am not using a usb hub .. and the b9 is connected to the computer with the hdmi cable .. if this is what you mean Robert ..
ONE SHIP ONE CAPTAIN

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#47 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:01 am

What I am trying to point out is that there can be a bad hub or bad cable. It has happened to others. I'm just saying check them. A bad HDMI or VGA cable has been the culprit in more than one case here on the forum.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#48 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 am

Robert has a point. Not all cables are good. You should consider this. And the hdmi or usb hub connectors fail.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

mazen2014
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#49 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:59 am

The thing is From the fist of this post was that after working very successfully with the b9 . Printed about 50 peices .. then the vat was stuck when came close to the sensore .. so we changed the sensor but didnt workout then mike sent me a new pcb and andrino .. and after replacing them and when i connected the descktop computer the vat moved but another problem occured which was that the projector was projecting the main screen .. i couldnt solve this problem . I thought it was because i have sent the descktop computer for Formating cause i thought there was a viruse .. then i change the computer and used my laptop and downloaded the new version 1.8 .. and connected the b9 with hdmi cable because the vga doesnt plug in well in the laptop .. but after printing 1/2 hour a file .. the projector projected the main screen again .. thats the story .. now i am going to get another hdmi cable and another usb cable .. hope it works
ONE SHIP ONE CAPTAIN

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#50 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:07 am

The fact that the projector is showing the main screen is not the problem, it's only a symptom of the problem.

The real problem is, for some reason, the host computer looses contact with the printer. Changing hdmi or vga cords will have no effect on the real problem.

Something happens to cause the loss of communications. This is difficult to diagnose as it could be either the printer or the host computer that is at fault. We first assumed it was the printer, replacing sensor, pcb and ardunio. We could still try replacing the x-motor, but it seems far fetched that it might be the cause of lost communication (but not impossible). It could also be the USB cord, usb port on the host computer or some 3rd party software trying to use the USB port without permission.

If you wish, we can try a new x-motor, as that's the only printer related piece of hardware we've not swapped out for you?
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

mazen2014
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#51 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:29 am

Mike i forgot to say that we changed the x motor too after changing the sensor and the vat was still stuck . Its a new x motor running now ..
ONE SHIP ONE CAPTAIN

mazen2014
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#52 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:04 pm

After installing the new pcb .. first test went fine the problem didnt occure .. thanx mikej ..
ONE SHIP ONE CAPTAIN

mazen2014
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#53 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:59 am

Some photos every thing is supper with b9 ...
Attachments
20150614_233440.jpg
20150614_233248.jpg
20150614_233410.jpg
ONE SHIP ONE CAPTAIN

Franz
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#54 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:06 pm

So looks like it is my turn.

Last print appears to be complete but error message of lost communication came on. Unable to toggle x and z and only preview window shows. Print manager shows active printer port not found with other info blank.

I have rebooted and switched out VGA, USB and power cables and still does not see printer. Also check display config. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards
Franz

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#55 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:02 pm

Go to Printer Manager and post a screen grab?
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

panastation
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#56 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:38 pm

franz
try replacing the power adapter for the printer. I was going crazy trying to figure out why i could only preview and also not move toggle switches . I replaced the power adapter and problem solved .

:ugeek: I might as well says this :arrow: there is still a bug when u cancel the proyector calibration midway.. It happend to me today i was switching from 50 to 30microns. I needed to lower the midpoint screw and my hand is big *also its very hot* so i canceled the calibration in step 3 In order to turn it off and not get burned. Xaxis motor went wild left right left right in like 130% speed...also anything i did in b9creator settings made vat move a little bit. Just unplugged all cables rebooted and its fine now...not complaining just reporting.

Franz
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#57 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Screen save 7.9.2016.jpg

Franz
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#58 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:39 pm

[quote="panastation"]franz
try replacing the power adapter for the printer. I was going crazy trying to figure out why i could only preview and also not move toggle switches . I replaced the power adapter and problem solved .

Thanks Pana.

I did try another power adapter for printer and no go. Also reloaded latest update and arduino drivers also no go.

So did you forget to move projector from 50 to 30 hole and had to abort calibration print? Hope you got it worked out.

Regards
Franz

sophie
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#59 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:20 pm

At my workplace, SAME problem happen during printing as same as mazen2014.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2476&start=20#p28697

"Process aborted due to power loss or jammed mechanism. Check printer power cable and mechanism"
Mechanism Error.JPG

Would you mind if confirming you the procedure continue to complete printing, please?
If I met this error when I'll print, after click "ok", does it restart printing?
Or, do I unplug printer cable, and replug?

Then after I check and proceed the power saver settiongs as Robert and manzen tell us, will I print completely until the end?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2476&start=20#p28764

sophie

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#60 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Yes. If u get the option to continue print. You may get an atifact (print line) when u restart a print, but it should be ok. Have restarted several prints in the last 3 yrs and they were fine.

U can "pause" a print when u want to make sure the foundation if sticking to the build table (best to do when u are still only printing foundation disk and supports. You can raise the build table with the toggle and take a look at the progress of your print. Just do restart with the build table where ever u moved it to. The table will go back to the correct print position to resume. This way when u restart u should only get an artifact in the supports and not on your model.

I only recommend this proceedure when u are having issues with prints not sticking to the build table. Saves having to wait for a print session to complete.

Robert
Last edited by Robert Howle on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Troubleshooting”