Dimensional error - solved

Software issues and solutions
behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#21 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 am

I was confused when he quoted simply 1080p. I followed up and read that it the same. Sorry if i went in the wrong direction ;-)

sun@cpi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#22 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:13 am

Thanks Mike, I had a mini heart attack thinking I had resolution wrong all this time haha.

Anyways, I bought a yellow and black dye from craft store and added yellow to the mix, let's see what happens!

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#23 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:18 am

Yes, sorry. I will say this. i wouldn't add anything if you are trying to dial in the dimensional accuracy. I would stick with the default materials and dial it in that way. just my 2 cents

sun@cpi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#24 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:55 am

Nope, the results are still the same.

Honestly I'm having hard time believing that the light bleed is the issue here. If they were I would be inclined to believe that the ALL of the edge should grow by some dimension, but this doesn't look like it.

Maybe I didn't put enough yellow dye in there, this time I'll try black dye and report back.

sun@cpi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#25 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:04 am

Hello everyone, I would like to report a good news!

I've found a solution to the dimension problem. It may not be the perfect solution but indeed it is one of them and it works for me. I poured a bunch of black dye into my 'experimental' batch of RED resin and then magically all the walls printed are within +-0.2mm BUT the entire print is now smaller by about 0.5mm.

So I went to my good'ol method of print-measure-adjust-print cycle and dialed it in until I can get a dimension tolerance of +-0.04mm which is acceptable. Now I just need to procure a mixing system that is trackable and consistent for the future batch.

Thanks everyone for help and have a nice day : )

-Sun

benoy
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#26 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:29 pm

I had similar increased size of the printed object when I was printing with 1.2 @ 50 microns and @ 70 microns. I was using defualt settings. Then I reduced the exposure time to almost half and the the dimensional became smaller.
Benoy

benoy
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#27 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:29 pm

I had similar increased size of the printed object when I was printing with 1.2 @ 50 microns and @ 70 microns. I was using defualt settings. Then I reduced the exposure time to almost half and the the dimensional became smaller.
Benoy

benoy
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#28 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Mike
I am using b9 creator 1.2 version. printing with cherry @ 50 microns xy and 25 microns slice.

I also faced a similar problem. The object that I am printing is quite thin, 0.6 mm thick .with cherry using default values at 50 microns. But after printing I was getting it almost 1 mm thick. So thinking it is light bleed I reduced the exposure time from arround 9-10 sec to 4 seconds. Now the increase in thickness has reduced. And the prints come out faster. Is this OK or can this create any other problem.

Mike wrote "How do you know if you are slicing too thick... the object will fail to build and you will have lot's of floaters (unattached layers as debris in the resin"

I am getting lot of cured resin floating in the vat -- occasionally causing trouble with the print outs itself.

I am using cherry with 25 micron slice thickness. Do I have to increase the slice thickness further?

Mike also wrote earlier

"Probably light bleed, if your outer areas are too thick then you can decrease the Slope in Printer Settings."

Right now I am printing I will check What is slope and where is it located in B 9 Creator software as soon as the present print job is over.

Mike can we have single page some where mentioning the various terms used in the B9C software settings and their co-relations. I know there is a wealth of information in the forum but it is too scattered. And if couple of days if you stay away from the forum you loose track of it.

Best regards

Benoy

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#29 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Is there a reason why u are not printing at 30 microns when slicing at 25 Z? Post your print date from "Help" (save data from last print to clipboard).
Dance like nobody's watching!

benoy
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#30 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi Robert,
Nice to hear from you.
Print area is the reason why I print at 50 microns. my object size is about 60x60x10 mm so if I go for 30 microns, then I will have to have the printing done atleast 4 times to cover the area. But if I go for 50 microns then it needs only 1 print cycle. Each print cycle is about 2 -3 hours. I will post the print data as soon as possible.(I print on a different computor)
Thanks Benoy

Return to “Troubleshooting”