something strange with the calibration grid

Software issues and solutions
info@eetex.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#1 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:15 am

I sold the v1.2 printer to one customer ,it ran normally for somedays until two days ago , I received a phonecall from him, who said that recently he found that everytime he print , the left side of the material could not cure properly ,some parts were missing ,even though he added one more second per layer than before , the missing is still not improved .( The lamp hour is only 38 hrs. )The customer also found that when the grid appears , the first line on the left and north side of grid is missing (See pictures ). My customer is thinking about whether this is the reason that may lead to the missing of parts in the same directions . Will this influence the output signals or not ? Thanks .

Justin

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#2 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:24 am

I would suspect that his machine is not calibrated to the correct xy setting. Go to machine setup and confirm that the machine selection is for the desired resolution, recalibrate using the appropriate calibration grid, ensure your layout is selected to the correct xy res, and try again. Use a short test model like a coin with lots of details to confirm the quality. Report back

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#3 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:26 am

So are you selling these machines? Do you have your own? Do you print frequently using your machine? This would be easy to spot if you had some more experience.

info@eetex.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:41 am

Yes I alway print myself with v1.1 . I already printed for half a year , used with 3 bottles of red and cherry resins and Sub G+ with no problem . I am very familair with calibration .The XY resolution for the v1.2 printer is OK , it run with no problem for a few day already . Thanks

behold3d
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#5 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:51 am

There's a problem with the projector settings in any regard

KNSCi
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:11 am

consider checking if the projector is level. It's possible with the 1.2 and maybe the 1.1 that when you tighten the screws for the projector, it can swivel a bit. It look from the photo like you're projecting 70 xy, so if the projector is just a little bit off level, at 70xy it might throw the projection off enough. Like the calibration checklist says, tighten the screws and re-confirm calibration.
ZLab3d, printing with B9Creator 1.1 & 1.2 since 2013

Return to “Troubleshooting”