Resin order is unavailable?

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 70 - 200 micron slice thickness
q374077
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Dear mike~
I'm already waiting my b9, but the resin hasn't purchased.
according the schedule my b9 may delivered before end of April...but with no resin@@"

so is there any schedule about fix resin order page?
i'm eager to has resin and crazy printing when b9 was delivered!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#2 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Should be back up in day or two.
I plan to offer two options for International shipping going forward. (US orders will continue to ship via UPS).
1. "Low cost" via USPS Priority Mail International - NO TRACKING once it leaves the US, not insured, customer assumes risk of loss in shipment.
2. "High cost" via UPS with Tracking and insurance.

Thanks,
Mike
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Well, that's cool - I'm regularly ordering some stuff from eBay or etc. and USPS Priority mail works extremely nice. Only 1% loss or so. And even that lost packages all was from "danger zone" of ordering - cell phones, which are very easy to stole for the post office and are kind of valuable.
SO I really don't think that somebody there (customs and post) will need such a specific thing like our resin. Except somebody there have B9. If this is the case - it will be a catastrophe :)

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#4 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:19 pm

I understand that you are extremely busy with new batch and thats cool, but is there any chanse of returning to resin orders in this week or so?
Thanks.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#5 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:18 am

Sorry, had some travels and then ANOTHER big snow storm. Working on updating the store to correctly calculate international shipping. Going forward we will ship UPS. USPS is cheaper, but we can't track nor insure internationally and we've had some lost shipments (which I've refunded, but can't afford to keep doing that way). Trying to make sure it's working correctly before going live again in the next day or two.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#6 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:41 pm

The store is back open!

Notes:
- All resin will ship via UPS so we have tracking and insurance.
- Payments handled via PayPal (PayPal account not required).

Please let me know if anyone sees any issues with the purchase / cart / checkout process.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

q374077
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 pm

is that means USPS will not become an option in nearly future?

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#8 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:08 am

Correct. Too many issues/losses with USPS for resin.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#9 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Pity, because it makes the main thing - consumables more expensive.

Maybe there still can be the option for guys who want to make it as cheap as possible, to send with USPS BUT without any kind of warranty, like "AS IS, no returns, no refunds"? Also USPS's Express mail international does good job - it is covered at no extra costs for 150 bucks (almost two bottles) and also tracking number is provided by default.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#10 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:40 am

That might work for some countries, but not well for others. UPS seems to be the best general solution and if you order several KG at a time it keeps the cost/kg reasonable / inline with USPS pricing.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

b26354
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#11 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm a fan of UPS as long as an email with the tracking number is sent when the package is shipped - Then I can see if there's a problem or a holdup or if the package is heading to the billing address when it should be going to the shipping address.

UPS also have their own customs brokers and the customs clearance is usually processed while the package is in transit. USPS is at the mercy of the postal service in the destination country which can add days to the clearance time.

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Post#12 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Also wanted to clarify - are you still on the same process cycle as usual?
I mean processing resin orders in monday morning and then they are sent out tuesday-wednesday? If I'll order next week, e.g. 7-8 May, so it will be processed 13 may, and I should expect it to arrive 20-25 may. Is it roughly correct?

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#13 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:40 am

Looks like I should be able to move to a twice a week schedule going forward. Orders by Monday morning go out Tuesday, orders by Thursday morning go out Friday.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Return to “B9R-1-Red”