Resin Cost

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 70 - 200 micron slice thickness
cman

Resin Cost

Post#1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:47 am

How much does the resin cost of a printed part per CM3?

Also is there any other place to order the resin? and if so what type would it be?

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

Resin Cost

Post#2 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 am

Here is http://spotamaterials.com/

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Resin Cost

Post#3 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:34 pm

B9R-1-Red is $84/kg + shipping. 1k ~ 910 ml so about $.10 milliliter before shipping.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

neuroclast
Spammer
Spammer

Resin Cost

Post#4 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 pm

I hope I'm not being weird posting this here. If it's not something you want me to post Mike, feel free to delete this.

I'm in the process of creating a resin production company here in the US. It's only goal is resin for UV cured 3D printers using DLP/lasers.

I'll be selling resin for $45/liter + shipping, so substantially cheaper than most online vendors.

If anyone is interested in testing any of my formulations with their B9 (or Mike for that matter), email me at josh@makerjuice.com and I'll send some over.

I'm planning on making resin a lot cheaper than it is now, and better quality.

DennisH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Resin Cost

Post#5 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Edited:

A little math and we've figure the cost of each vat is about
11 dollars.
There are roughly 7-8 vats per 1kg bottle of resin.

It seems an average vat will contain about 120 ml of resin.
Hope this helps anyone interested in this.

DennisH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Resin Cost

Post#6 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:03 am

Quote from neuroclast on March 22, 2013, 21:09
I hope I'm not being weird posting this here. If it's not something you want me to post Mike, feel free to delete this.

I'm in the process of creating a resin production company here in the US. It's only goal is resin for UV cured 3D printers using DLP/lasers.

I'll be selling resin for $45/liter + shipping, so substantially cheaper than most online vendors.

If anyone is interested in testing any of my formulations with their B9 (or Mike for that matter), email me at josh@makerjuice.com and I'll send some over.

I'm planning on making resin a lot cheaper than it is now, and better quality.

I am interested in some! I'll email you shortly.
On a note Im constantly pondering-

Ive heard some waves are being made in plant based plastics.
Any chance we can get a photopolymer to be plant based and if so what would be the potential recycle-able nature of something like this? I feel its going to be more important as more folks get into this process.

The liquid resin is noted in similar printers as being extremely toxic to the environment.

Can current "cured" photopolymers e recycled like other plastics?

Eddie J
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Resin Cost

Post#7 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 am

When comparing costs of B9 Red with Spot HT, it is worth bearing in mind that the Spot HT is a clear resin with no pigment. This will mean you need to buy some fiberglass resin pigment and mix it yourself, adding to the costs - not very clear on their website!

perpetual_dreamer
B9 Master
B9 Master

Resin Cost

Post#8 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:41 am

but again maybe some users don't need any pigment for their purposes.. (eg: mold making etc)

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Resin Cost

Post#9 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:46 pm

You must have some pigment to control the depth of cure.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

b26354
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Resin Cost

Post#10 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:14 am

Quote from Eddie J on April 19, 2013, 14:17
When comparing costs of B9 Red with Spot HT, it is worth bearing in mind that the Spot HT is a clear resin with no pigment. This will mean you need to buy some fiberglass resin pigment and mix it yourself, adding to the costs - not very clear on their website!

spot-HT for b9 is pre-tinted with yellow pigment - http://spotamaterials.com/?product=spot-ht-for-b9creator-and-similar-1kg

Eddie J
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Resin Cost

Post#11 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Quote from b26354 on April 21, 2013, 16:14
Quote from Eddie J on April 19, 2013, 14:17

spot-HT for b9 is pre-tinted with yellow pigment - http://spotamaterials.com/?product=spot-ht-for-b9creator-and-similar-1kg

Mine wasn't :( I should check my invoice to make sure i ordered the right one.

Return to “B9R-1-Red”