How many ml is in a 1 or 2KG bottle?

A lost wax capable resin tuned for 70 - 200 micron slice thickness
thebigconsultant
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:34 am

Hi,

I am just curious how many milliliters (ml) is in a 1 or 2KG bottle?

As the models are measured in ml in the software, I looked at the ordering page for the resin. And its measured by weight.

I am just curious what my requirements would be based on the models I have created in the software.

Kind regards,
John

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 am

The density of the resin is about 1.1 grams per cubic ml so almost 1 to 1.
1 kg ~= 909 ml
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

thebigconsultant
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 am

Thanks Mike.

That is what I guessed (or guesstimated).

The Red looks great. ... I note that you have a lot of Jewelers as your Kickstarters. So, the red is great for them.

I have no intention on pushing you, as it looks to me, like you have a great development plan, and are dealing with each and many issues in a pragmatic and (for a difficult project) fast way. ... There is no real market leader here, apart from B9, so you are working at the forefront of engineering, and setting the standard. Thats not easy.

I am personally excited (in the future) about the A.B.S. type blend.

My plan, as an engineering designer, and Product Design Consultancy, is to take some models, and use them (if possible) with customers. Obviously, not for my main clients just yet. Just take it easy, learn and try to get things right.

The resolution is very exciting. I hope that I can calibrate, and also help to iron out or suggest improvements. ... It seems to me that you have missed very little. The attention to detail is astonishing, and I love your design work and aesthetic. Its a funky and impressive design, with some great attention to detail. .. I'll bet you are kicking yourself in some places, but don't. The ID looks like its fairly simple to mod. But I do hope that I can fix any glaring issues, like the base of the Z-Axis linear bearings. You have really got to get a lot of people using the machine to pick these things up. ... I have not seen a lot of injection molded type parts, and this is what I want to do.

Again, I would guess there is still some experimentation to do. For example, what is the best way to achieve a 'flat' surface. Getting thin walls built up, getting parts to fit together, and getting correct tolerances on fits.

I am a bit worried about postage costs for the resin to the UK. But no matter. Having seen your work (in photos only) and documentation, I have utmost faith in your adventure. And just to say, I think that this is groundbreaking stuff.

Great software by the way. I particularly like the interface, and it imported my SolidWorks models before I could blink. Manipulation and orientation was great too. Slicing and dicing was neat, and I enjoyed seeing the output as BMP files.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

Post#4 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Sounds great, as you surmise there is still plenty to learn when it comes to making the most accurate proto-type parts. The difference between a solid object and hollow or thin walled is pretty significant.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Return to “B9R-1-Red”