A lost wax capable resin tuned for 70 - 200 micron slice thickness
jtruong418@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

layers peeling issue

Post#1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:42 pm

20150901_171621.jpg
20150901_171602.jpg

Im having trouble at 50 microns with the cherry resin having small pores in the resin and also my under gallery omes out slightly thing. I print flat on the build table on the under gallery. I use the 1.2 machine with 1.8 version default settings for cherry.

-Jimmy

hannahrdd
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: layers peeling issue

Post#2 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:59 pm

The reason your under gallery is thin is because the first slices the B9 projects are when the build table is all the way down touching the PDMS. This ensures the print will stick to the build table. You would need to design a thicker gallery than you need to achieve the correct thickness. I add an extra .5mm to items that I snap to the floor. You can sand off the extra if you add to much.

hannahrdd
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Also the reason you have pores is because you probably shake your resin to mix it. If you lift your items off of the floor the bubbles in the resin don't matter, but if you snap the flat to the floor the first layers trap the bubbles. I suggest getting a magnetic mixer. It mixes the resin thoroughly without introducing bubbles.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:48 pm

If u are shaking to mix, just let the resin sit in the vat till the bubbles are out. There will be no settling that matters, then start your print.

If u don't want to reprint, either add resin to the hole/pores and cure, then sand flat or just use a wax pin and fix before investing.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

Return to “B9R-1-Red”