B9 V1.2 for sale in Toronto,Canada( Price drop)

Buy, sell or trade your 3D Printer items with others.
khitro@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

B9 V1.2 for sale in Toronto,Canada( Price drop)

Post#1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:30 am

I am selling my 1.2 printer that was factory assembled. Works beautifully and in excellent condition.

Comes with:
2 Aluminum Vats (red)
1 PolyVat
Unopened 0.5 kg of Sylgard 184
0.5 kg of 1:1 resin
1kg of Red and almost 1 kg of Cherry

Asking price 3900 CAD( 2800 US $)
If anyone is interested please pm me
Attachments
b9.JPG
Print_settings.JPG
Print_settings.JPG (74.67 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
Last edited by khitro@gmail.com on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Re: B9 V1.2 for sale in Toronto,Canada

Post#2 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Helps to state why u are selling, I see u are in Canada, what kind of issues crossing the border into US?

Robert Howle
Dance like nobody's watching!

khitro@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:59 pm

I bought it as an addition to my 8 year old Solidscape, but casting issues and time I was spending to change PDMS and add and remove supports from models was a big inconvenience for me. So I decided to sell it and probably will get another used Solidscape.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#4 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Thanks.

Robert

khitro@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: B9 V1.2 for sale in Toronto,Canada( Price drop)

Post#5 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:05 am

New price: 3900 CAD( 2800 US $)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#6 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:09 am

Great price, sure u will sell.

Robert Howle

jljr99
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#7 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:16 am

khitro@gmail.com

Question, I have heard your exact situation in the past. Have a Solidscape, bought a B9, B9 not casting good parts/hard to set up/pdms and so on.

My question is, why would you purchase the B9 in the first place if you have the Solidscape? Is there an issue with the Solidscape that you aren't happy and you were trying to alleviate with the purchase of the B9?

I know you are busy and this question has nothing to do with your interest in selling the B9 I'm just very curious and have seen the exact-exact scenario at least once before. For me, I just want good cast and that is proving very difficult even after 15 months worth of B9 castings. I have accomplished many things in my lifetime, good consistent cast are not one of them (lol) but I'm not giving up.

khitro@gmail.com
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#8 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Sold

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#9 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Jljr, how long have u been casting?

jljr99
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:46 am

About a year. I have a Roland mill and am going to mill a wax model to insure my casting practice work or do not. If my casting practices do work with wax that would mean casting resin is where the struggle is. If the wax cast comes out with fining and busted areas then my casting practice are off. It's a simple test which should have been done a long time ago.
In fact making the same model in wax and in resin, perhaps different resins would be a very good experiment. I have 1:1, green and yellow resins.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#11 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Some of the more difficult things to make are thick items with tiny engraved or raised lettering... The challenge in carving wax or a printed part will have a lot to do with how strong your investment is.

Carving wax is usually easier then printed material.

I mix my Plasticast at 36/100 ... it sets up quicker,so be careful....but I get good castings.
I let the flask sit for 2 hours before going into the oven
Ramp up to 300 oF and hold for 2 hours
Ramp up to 750 oF , hold for 1 hour
Ramp to 1400oF hold for 3 hours
drop to casting temperature, let the flask adjust to the casting temperature... minimum 1/2 hr to 1 hr.
Vacuum the interior of the flask just in case there is debris.( very helpful on larger parts)
Thats it. SHould work.

Also, Curing: That is more important then anything else... If it is not cured correctly, the part will cast horribly.
Safe cure... put it in the sun for 1/2 a day or so...
All other methods can be used, but when you are not sure if you did that right,
That huge ball of fire in the sky does a nice job!

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#12 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:58 pm

I use the same burnout as Metalcaster and have for over 30 yrs. I use only Satincast and distilled water.

Like he says, curing is a must, and also air flow in the oven. I laid my small oven on its back and drilled 12 holes 3/8 diameter so air could flow from top to bottom (lots of available oxygen, is a must). Raised flask off the bottom of the oven approx. 1inch, using expanded metal.

I cast small parts and heavy rings with no issues. There are so many small things involved in casting that it is nearly impossible to pin point problem areas unless u see an indiviuals methods and technique from start to finish.

It goes without saying, that if 60% of the B9's in use are jewelers, and there are around 1700 machines in use, and all are having their prints cast successfully (either in house or through service providers) that if u are having casting problems, u are doing something wrong.

I can't emphasize enough that u MUST CURE PROPERLY, HAVE ADEQUATE AIR FLOW, AND REACH A MINIMUM OF 1350 DEGREES F. If u do these three things, mix your investment properly, sprue correctly, don't underheat or overheat the metal, and if spin casting, dont' overwind the spring, then u should be casting with success. It is also very important that the mixing of the investment not be cut short. The reaction is chemical (your are not making a slurry of water and investment) and it needs time to take place. You will only weaken the investment if u don't do a through mixing for the min amout of time and temp. indicated by the mfg. The only thing I have changed is that I use to use 120 to 160 degree F water in mix, but now I am using room temp distilled water (approx. 70 degree F).

There are things that I can't even list because, it may just be the way u hold your mouth. Just making a point, that it could be something very simple, but know way to know unless you came to my shop and watched my process or I came to your shop and watched yours.

The last thing anyone should be doing is blaming he resin or the machine, way too many of us cast these prints everyday. Take a look at the gallery. I know it can be frustrating, but the solution is there in your technique or process.

Robert Howle

Return to “For Sale”