NuVat by Evert

Buy, sell or trade your 3D Printer items with others.
akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#81 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:16 pm

ROSITAGIOI-ELLI:

For your information I am the one who started this Particular forum thread. Not Evert. I alone wrote and posted the original information here not anyone else and I removed it at my own prudence and respect for a process we had not considered. It was short sided on my part.
Although beta tested by me for the last 45 days and Iwatson (larry) since June, on our 1.1 B9 using 1:1 mix for me and Larry used a couple of different resins up to that point. In retrospect It was clear that more testing needed to be done by Mike J. and the B9 machines to vet out any problems that could arise from it being used by a B9. You are welcome to try any product that comes your way or you have researched to be affective. As for this particular application it is the brain child of Evert and if you go back to the original forum topics started by Evert and Iwatson almost a year ago, you will see it was offered then and no one was interested. Even then it still needed more testing and it wasn't until Iwatson got it in June and printed on it to the point of considering releasing it. Larry has done more to test this than I, he and Evert has been working towards a solution for a while now. I got involved by shear coincidence and was excited to the point of pushing to announce it before it was actually ready.
As Mike said when he is done testing then the results will actually show whether or not it is recommended to be used with our B9s.
Until then I suggest you dial it back and let the testing continue. Chill dude.
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

ROSITAGIOIELLI
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#82 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:00 pm

The Evert's efforts certainly deserve more consideration especially if it has an economic advantage as normally happens in real life, and I find it just as well, however I would like to share my efforts with all in order to improve the b9c!

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

NuVat by Evert

Post#83 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:37 am

Quote from madmartian on November 16, 2014, 21:54
Mike, do you have plans yet to sell vats with the new glass already installed? Just wondering if you plan to work something out with the creator so folks can buy new vats with the magic glass already installed rather than having a vat converted.

Not planning anything until I finish tests. If it's better than pdms, then I'd love to offer vats with it already installed, maybe even as the primary alternative. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

NuVat by Evert

Post#84 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:40 am

NuVat testing results:
http://www.b9c.com/support/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=2257.0#postid-23637
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#85 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:45 am

I have been running the evert glass in one of my old Acrylic vats ( for testing) on both machines. I put some bigger parts on the machines while testing .
B9 1.1 @ 75 XY by 31.76 Z no damage to the evert coating. Had some pieces stick pretty good, but the glass suffered no damage So far.
This would have ripped up my pdms.

B9 1.2 @ 50 XY by 30Z no damage to the evert coating. Had some pieces stick pretty good, but the glass suffered no damage So far.
I am at 10 prints so far with no sign of wear.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

NuVat by Evert

Post#86 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:07 am

Quote from Metalcaster on December 4, 2014, 10:45
Had some pieces stick pretty good, but the glass suffered no damage So far.

All things being equal (resin, exposure times, etc.) my experience was that when the NuVat "stuck pretty good", the pdms did not stick at all (so no worry about it being ripped). If you overexpose pdms to the point where it would have ripped, you would also not be able to get the table free of the nuvat coating without considerable effort (probably damaging it).
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#87 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:40 pm

I been asked about the “NuVat Glass by Evert”
Here it is in a nutshell. So far this is working very well with Small prints such as jewelry or small items.
This is not a PDMS coating. It does not need re-oxygenation and I have removed my wiper pretty much for the month I have been testing and printing.
pricing has been referred to me by Evert as such.
1 NuVat - $49.95 Glass shipped to customer, you replace your own glass
1 NuVat Glass replacement by Evert- $59.95
2 Nuvat Glass replacement by Evert- $119.00
3 NuVat Glass replacement by Evert- $179.00
4 NuVat Glass replacement by Evert- $239.00
E-mail Evert at evertgnzlz@yahoo.com with shipping info for tracking.
Pay Pal is the method of payment after contact.
If your ordering just the glass send him an E-mail
If you want to have your vat's glass replaced by Evert see above for pricing (for both )
Send vats to:
Evert Gonzalez
712 Whitaker terrace
Silver Spring, MD. 20901
If your sending a vat to Evert:
Send it complete (and cleaned of all resins please), Evert will send it back with a Nuvat Glass installed. + shipping.
Shipping is always extra and different for all areas by U.S. Postal service 2nd day priority mail unless otherwise requested.
All installations and return shipping are first come first serve.

Disclaimer: Evert is not responsible for any damage due to it's use or installation by Evert or by receiver of the NuVat glass. Use of this product is at your risk. Please refer to disclaimer from Evert.

Since I am introducing you to this you might think I am involved. I am not and in no way associated with Evert other than I have an interest in seeing him succeed and continue positive experiences for our B9 Friends here and everywhere, as well as other jewelers and makers alike.
We all want to help others so pay it forward. All credit for this belongs to Evert. I am just one of a few messengers.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

NuVat by Evert

Post#88 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:54 pm

Well said AK.
Dance like nobody's watching!

FabLabEP
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Re: NuVat by Evert

Post#89 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:10 pm

:!: :!: :!: Wanted to issue a warning to everyone regarding the NuVat by Evert Gonzalez. :!: :!: :!:

This isn't about the vat, which we unfortunately never got to try. The warning is about the vat upgrade service itself. We sent two vats to Evert for the upgrade after contacting him via e-mail. We were assured a rapid turn-around so mailed them in along with PayPal payment and then he just disappeared. We eventually heard back weeks later after many attempts to contact him via e-mail and phone, and he claimed that the upgrade could not be performed because the vats were the plastic version. He also claimed that he had recommended only performing the upgrade on the aluminum vats, but that was easily debunked by searching our e-mail thread. Luckily the payment was eligible for PayPal's buyer protection; however, the vats themselves were never returned. So now our b9 is temporarily unusable and we have to spend almost $200 to replace them and get the printer back up. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's as a small volunteer run non-profit that's a hit to our tiny budget, morale and general trust in the online printing community. As always, buyer beware!!
Last edited by FabLabEP on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#90 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:11 pm

I only modified the one Vat I posted a picture of to test. It did work for the prints I did. But it got easily damaged when cleaning stuck parts as there were some raised lines in the surface from the application of the film. That could be rectified with proper tooling. However, replacing PDMS is very inexpensive and can be done in house.

When the new vats came out, I was and am very impressed with how they work.
When you replace the pdms you do have to do it perfectly. If you do, you CAN change vats without recalibrating and it does work most of the time.
However, Using the 4 paper in the corners method that I worked out ( see my older posts) for Calibrating the Build table to the Vat, It is best if you simply redo the calibration when you change vats .That way you won't have any problems at all.

Also realize that at 30 xy x 30 z, you would have far less problems switching vats since you are using a very small area in the middle of the VAT.

At 50 XY or 75 XY (B9 1.2) or 50 XY, 75 XY,100 XY (B9-1.1) You are using a much larger area of the build table and I recommend to Calibrate using the 4 paper method EVERY time you change Vats... Just because the larger area can be a bit more problematic.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#91 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:42 pm

FabLabEP wrote::!: :!: :!: Wanted to issue a warning to everyone regarding the NuVat by Evert Gonzalez. :!: :!: :!:

This isn't about the vat, which we unfortunately never got to try. The warning is about the vat upgrade service itself. We sent two vats to Evert for the upgrade after contacting him via e-mail. We were assured a rapid turn-around so mailed them in along with PayPal payment and then he just disappeared. We eventually heard back weeks later after many attempts to contact him via e-mail and phone, and he claimed that the upgrade could not be performed because the vats were the plastic version. He also claimed that he had recommended only performing the upgrade on the aluminum vats, but that was easily debunked by searching our e-mail thread. Luckily the payment was eligible for PayPal's buyer protection; however, the vats themselves were never returned. So now our b9 is temporarily unusable and we have to spend almost $200 to replace them and get the printer back up. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's as a small volunteer run non-profit that's a hit to our tiny budget, morale and general trust in the online printing community. As always, buyer beware!!

I just called Evert about this and he has a very simple explanation and it is nothing like your accusations.
Besides being gone for a week after he received your vats and before he left he could not install the glass on the NEW B9 orange plastic Vats and his reference to the B9 red Vat was the RED Aluminum vat that B9 was selling before coming out with the newest plastic vats.
He thought the new Plastic Vats were too flexible and was afraid the glass would not keep it's seal and the glass might slip causing damage due to leakage on the projector so he didn't change them before he left.
The original Hard Plastic Clear vats are much more stiff and don't flex so they would be able to accept the replacement glass on them. But the aluminum vats are actually the best to use.

And your time frame is not quite accurate. He received your vats 2 weeks ago and he says he communicated with you as well.
The refund was approved by him when he received the inquiry from Pay Pal. He said he absolutely wanted to refund the money and that is how it is done. He also said he shipped them back to you after returning to work last monday of this past week.
You make it sound so bad but I guarantee you he would never do things the way you have insinuated. you should have your vats by next week depending on the mail.

FabLabEP
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#92 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:23 am

Hi akgold. Appreciate your attempt to look into this. Apparently you've gotten more info about it from Evert than we have. I do, however, take issue with your attempt to dismiss our concerns as unfounded accusations and misleading timelines. What you've reported is by evidentiary standards called hearsay (aka BS). Everything I reported as a warning is backed up by date/timestamped e-mail threads, USPS tracking info and the PayPal claims process. So here are the facts:

I tried following up for two weeks after sending him the vats, well past the promised turnaround, to check in and get an update....ABSOLUTELY NO response.
Due to ZERO communication from Evert, opened a PayPal claim for failure to deliver services.
He finally responded on 8/24, two weeks after sending him the vats and consistent with the reported timeline...claimed to have recommended only metal vats (false) and said he had gone on vacation (could've reported that sooner so we could expect a delay but didn't)...NO ADDITIONAL INFO PROVIDED.
8/24 - now... continued to try following up via e-mail and phone to ask for the vats to be returned and even offered to pay for return shipping...STILL NO RESPONSE.
PayPal obviously settled the claim in our favor because Evert failed to communicate, offer a refund, or respond to the claim in any way.
This has been going on for three weeks now and we've only received a single e-mail from Evert in that entire period that provided exactly zero useful information and still no suggestion or proof that he was returning the vats. If he had sent them even USPS first class mail provides tracking info that he could provide to settle the matter. Until he finally decides to communicate with us directly instead of through you as proxy on this forum and provides some tracking info, we're considering the vats stolen.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#93 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi Fablab,
I agree with Ak... I have worked with Evert and have always found him to be honorable. I believe the story AK says as Evert has never seen or had one of the new vats... so there was probably a misunderstanding on his part between the red vats (aluminum) and the orange vats... He may have thought there would be a way to modify the orange vats once he see's them.
After returning from the vacation that he went on, he decided that modifying these type of vats could be a very dangerous thing for your B9 projector. I would agree with him since I do have 5 orange vats myself. 1 has leaked a little and I resolved that problem before it got any worse.

If he said to AK that he has shipped them back to you, I would believe him as he has mailed things back and forth to me. You will probably get them during next week. If you have not received them during next week, then please let us know.
I believe that AK, as I am is trying to help resolve your problem. Which I am sure will be resolved.

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#94 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi FabLabEP,
I'm very sorry to hear of your recent experience.
I've worked with Every for over five years on jewelry projects and for the two plus years I've been printing with a B9.
He is very conscientious and honest as the day is long.
When I was visiting him last week, he told me of his concern about converting the new light weight poly vat. He chose to trust his judgement and not make money and sell you a mistake. I am sorry to hear about the miscommunication and confusion surrounding this. Perhaps if you buy a Kat Vat, which is easy to convert, you can experience the advantages of the NuVat.
I started printing with the NuVat in June, 2014, months before it was available through this Forum. I'd lost 4-5 poly vats due to breakdowns in PDMS. Sometimes well into an 18-30 hour print. My workflow was severely impacted. Not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of dollars in vats and PDMS kits down the drain. I haven't used PDMS for production since June, 2014.
Since converting to Nuvats (I have two Kat Vats and one B9 Red Alum. vat) I've lost no vats to release layer failure, no prints fail due to release layer failure, no PDMS costs and no down time with recoating. That is the workflow I need as I often print 12-18 hours a day per machine, 6-7 days a week with two machines. Sometimes, its 24/7. No way I could do that with three vats and PDMS.
The last time I used PDMS was when I bought the Red Vat. It came pre coated. It lasted less than 3 days. A single NuVat can last 4-6 months with my printing schedule.
A handy trick is to rub a drop of 10W-40 oil onto the print area before each print. This helps with the release of the first build layers with extended exposure time. After that, its the same as PDMS for my models. Emphasis on "for my models". I only print jewelry of my design and they do not cover so much of the image area as to create a release problem.
The NuVat saves me time, money and anxiety.
Maybe consider buying a Kat Vat and having it converted.
Good luck with your printing.
Larry
Last edited by lswatson on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#95 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:46 pm

A word of advice, and not condemnation, to newb's here on the forum.

If u have an issue with anything related to printing, coating, layout, etc., feel free to post questions and concerns..

We are a close family of users here. Before anyone "goes off" on a supplier of products from B9 or 3rd parties, please post questions. You will get help very soon if not immediately.

Sometimes a little thought, and willing partners, goes a long way to avoid confrontational threads and postings.

A simple post with regards to contacting Evert could have avoided this "mess".

Don't stir the pot. Ask for help.

I for one have dealt with Evert since early in his development of the NuVat. I had a stretch where I could not get in touch with him and was quite concerned. With the help of Tim (AK) the issue was resolved. Think how bad I would have felt had I posted negative comments when I later found out he had a death in the family. I pays to investigate.

I don't, at this time, use the new vat because I am happy with the poly vats. Since I have to give support to new users and potential clients of the B9, I prefer to stay with factory products. This makes it much easier for me to talk "apples to apples" with users and potential clients.

Robert Howle

FabLabEP
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#96 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Your points are all well taken. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of transactions with Evert go smoothly and that's fine. I'm sure he enjoyed his vacation, great! Perhaps he made an educated decision to avoid completing the work he agreed to as a preventative measure, excellent! Maybe he had a family issue, or his dog died, or whatever...that would be truly unfortunate. None of that is a problem. What is a problem is failing to communicate any of that to a customer who's been waiting for their property and/or money back. Literally ANY communication would have sufficed. "Hey, trying to figure out if this will work on your vats and it'll take longer than expected." OK. "Hey I'm going on vacay and couldn't get to your vats. Will do it as soon as I return." No worries, have fun, what's the new ETA? "Hey my dog died, I'll get to your vats in a week." Sorry to hear that, take as long as you need! "Hey, it didn't work I can offer you a refund and send the vats back." Perfect. "Hey dude, chill the @#$% out! Your vats on the way, here's the tracking number... now leave me the #$&% alone!" Also OK. Instead we got radio silence for weeks.

I'm not making claims against his character...some of you are probably friends or acquaintances with the guy and can vouch for him. If you do happen to see him or phone him PLEASE ask him to send a quick message. In any case things did not go smoothly on this purchase and we're still out some vats. And that's precisely why vendor review platforms exist...so everyone can be informed of when things go well AND when things go poorly and decide whether they want to take the risk. Yelp would be pretty useless if no one ever posted a negative review. As this is where we first learned about the NuVats it seemed like the proper place to WARN other people about the poor service we experienced. It may have come off poorly being a newb on the forum and all, but that is less concerning than other users (especially other newbs who are just giving and getting trust) potentially losing time, money, vats or any combination of those things to a mail order transaction gone similarly wrong.

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#97 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm going to buy you a Kat Vat and have Evert convert it at my expense.
I see your address on YouTube.
You can PM me the necessary non profit status details for my accountant.
Then you and your students can sing a new song.
Is this Guy or Gustavo?
Best,
Larry

Franz
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#98 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:27 pm

FabLabEP
Post#96 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:43 pm
Your points are all well taken

Well I think not. This forum is all about making things work. There are many here who want to give knowledge freely to help you succeed. But throwing stones will not help your cause.

There is honor among those who give help here and try to advance all aspects b9.

If that is not for you, there are many other options.

Franz
PS Would like to see what FabLab is printing and producing? I would be happy to share mine

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#99 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:43 am

My point, which u didn't get, is to ask for help before u complain. Pretty simple.

In cases involving 3rd party products, there may or may not be help on the form, but if there is u will get it.

It just happens, that the NuVat by Evert (3rd party and not a b9 product), was discussed at length here and some of the users did beta testing at their own risk, in conjunction with Evert and not the B9 company. MIke tested at the factory and then posted his opinions about the product.

You need to take a deep breath and stop trying to justify your public dissatisfaction with Evert. I would assume, and could be incorrect, that u never had an, over the phone, discussion with Evert. Not everyone has access to email, or reads the forum when out of town. I am not making excuses, just pointing out that u did not make the effort that I feel should be made before attacking anyone regardless of the product or service. To consider the vats a stolen is ridiculous. Why didn't u file a police report, have him arrested, prosecuted, and jailed. The reason I didn't get a response from my phone messages I left was because I was calling his shop/home and not his cell. Wasn't aware until I asked for help from one of the beta testers. You may have the correct number to reach him, I don't really know. I'm just recounting my experience. If by chance u spoke with Evert by phone before shipping the vats to him, u should have gotten a sense of his personality, at least I did.

If u had read the entire thread, before going forward with the NuVat product by Evert, u would have seen the post by the beta testers and realized u could contact them here or by PM. At least that was what I did, when I couldn't find Evert, when wanting my vat back (never sent more than one at a time, as I new better, because I can't do without a useable vat for even two days). As it turned out, I did get the answers I needed to allay my concerns. By the way it took me a couple of weeks to get answers, mainly because I didn't ask for help for 2 weeks (my fault).

Another thing to remember is that Evert is a scientist and inventor, not a "make a product and get rich" type person. We all have our issues and idiosyncrasies. HIs may be communicating in a timely manner, but that I can live with, because all he has done is try to bring a product to the B9 community that he felt was beneficial. I, like many others, don't even use it, but appreciate his efforts. After dealing with Evert over many months, I learned to respect his mind and accept his communication issues. All things u could have found out if u had just asked.

These are my last words on the issue, but probably not yours, as I am sure u will have the need to defend your actions once again.

Robert Howle

RobertH
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#100 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:00 am

lswatson wrote:Hi FabLabEP,
I'm very sorry to hear of your recent experience.
I've worked with Every for over five years on jewelry projects and for the two plus years I've been printing with a B9.
He is very conscientious and honest as the day is long.
When I was visiting him last week, he told me of his concern about converting the new light weight poly vat. He chose to trust his judgement and not make money and sell you a mistake. I am sorry to hear about the miscommunication and confusion surrounding this. Perhaps if you buy a Kat Vat, which is easy to convert, you can experience the advantages of the NuVat.
I started printing with the NuVat in June, 2014, months before it was available through this Forum. I'd lost 4-5 poly vats due to breakdowns in PDMS. Sometimes well into an 18-30 hour print. My workflow was severely impacted. Not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of dollars in vats and PDMS kits down the drain. I haven't used PDMS for production since June, 2014.
Since converting to Nuvats (I have two Kat Vats and one B9 Red Alum. vat) I've lost no vats to release layer failure, no prints fail due to release layer failure, no PDMS costs and no down time
with recoating. That is the workflow I need as I often print 12-18 hours a day per machine, 6-7 days a week with two machines. Sometimes, its 24/7. No way I could do that with three vats and PDMS.
The last time I used PDMS was when I bought the Red Vat. It came pre coated. It lasted less than
3 days. A single NuVat can last 4-6 months with my printing schedule.
A handy trick is to rub a drop of 10W-40 oil onto the print area before each print. This helps with the release of the first build layers with extended exposure time. After that, its the same as PDMS for my models. Emphasis on "for my models". I only print jewelry of my design and they do not cover so much of the image area as to create a release problem.
The NuVat saves me time, money and anxiety.
Maybe consider buying a Kat Vat and having it converted.
Good luck with your printing.
Larry

Seems like youre printing with no issues using the nuvat for a long time? No sticking on the glass? Jewelry?

Return to “For Sale”