NuVat by Evert

Buy, sell or trade your 3D Printer items with others.
akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:18 am

Not today but soon

One thing about this NuVat to say is this, so far as I know, has only been tested for small resolution printing for jewelry only.
As of yet we have no data on anything other than the a build area of 50 xy 31.75 Slc. standard 1:1 red/cherry mix standard settings.

We need to get more data for 70 and 100 large print settings so there will be a delay
I spoke too soon guys I am sorry.

more later.
Tim
akgold
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

fcort
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Man this is Amazing. I am onboard!
Red Door Distributions
www.reddoordistributions.com
619-564-6698

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

NuVat by Evert

Post#3 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks for letting the "VAT" OUT OF THE BAG.. I for one else can't wait. Should be printing on Thursday. Best wishes to Evert. He deserves all that comes his way. On top of all this he's a great guy.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#4 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:16 pm

This is exactly that I let the Vat out of the bag but a little too soon.
Good one Robert.

I have to say I put the cart before the horse there are a few things not vetted so We will be putting this on hold for now.

But Stay tuned, Just a little glitch in the hitch some Changes need to be made.
Tim
akgold

noahbern
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#5 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Pm"d and email

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#6 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:32 pm

...too late to put the brakes on now........... I would go ahead and release what is on hand and let the community test at whatever resolution they wish.....if it is working at a certain resolution...some of us will use it at that resolution.....

TAJS
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#7 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:37 pm

...plus Evert could start making some money to further the product...is Evert a member here?

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

NuVat by Evert

Post#8 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Edit:

Removed my post regarding Evert, because AK had better and more accurate info.

Robert

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#9 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Evert developed his NuVat coating through some long arduous testing and worked very closely with Larry (Iwatson) on the testing using the B9. Larry was one of the first to have benefited from Evert's efforts and was As I got it, the reason for his "Quest" of the holy grail of pdms replacement.
Although he does not have a B9 he is a member here and he is an independent jeweler, he wants one really bad and hopes to own a B9 in the future. He was also involved with another company that produced a much more expensive printer up until they couldn't deliver results and would not take any advice given and as far as I know he is no longer associated with them as well as he lost money from that short adventure.
I didn't get that he actually built his own rather I think he was helping to test that one mentioned that he returned.
I agree he needs to be making money from this and if all goes well he will be. Maybe not get rich but at least somehow get compensated for his tenacity and long hours of testing. after talking with him his goal is common with all of us. He wants to see B9 owners have success in printing and his resolve was to solve the pdms problems.
I support his efforts.

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

NuVat by Evert

Post#10 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Wanted to ask - how it stands against tall prints? From PDMS point of view tall prints make much more damage to PDMS correspondingly to their height (actually number of slices). Especially ones which repeat in z-axis i.e. vertical pillar 100-200 mm height. How about that? Somebody tested it with such a structures?

Also interesting if sliding mechanism will be still in place, i.e. there will be slope/cliff? Or we will need to disassemble that part and mod/remove it?
VAT will be the same, only coating/film instead of PDMS, or VAT will be completely different?

And one more thing - why I'm not in the tester's list? ;)

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

NuVat by Evert

Post#11 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Tim all will stay same. Just no PDMS only coating on the glass window. Testers are using sweeper with resin that needs to be mixed to avoid settling of pigment. With B9 resin still need sweeper for mixing only and maybe to remove small debris. Can be used with no sping or weaker spring to avoid scrapping the coating on the glass. This is all I know untill I start testing on Thursday. Only jewelers testing for now. I will have him PM you. Main beta tester has been using 3 different resins on three vats and has been printing on the same coating since June.

Robert

tim.yoshi
B9 Master
B9 Master

NuVat by Evert

Post#12 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Ok, but I see an immediate solution - what if to place sweeper a one bolt to the left on the rail? In this position it will still mix resin and don't touch a glass/window.

lswatson
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#13 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:06 am

I've printed at 50 XYZ and 100 XY- 50 Z with B9 Red, MadeSolid Black and FireCast and MakerJuice. .
The tallest I've printed is just over 100mm. No problems with anything.
With MadeSolid resins I take the blade out. I've also printed with the blade in. No change in the print.
I have not used any PDMS since June.
Evert has been working to solve this issue for us since a year ago last summer. When he saw my dead vats (PDMS failure + hardened resin in the vat) in June of 2013 he jumped in to try to help. A year later he came to me with what I've been using since June.
He's also the best mold maker I've ever seen. He made molds of some of my math models that various mold masters in NYC, Chicago, Miami and LA said couldn't be done. If its about jewelry, he can probably do it. Like so many other B9 owners.
You guys are a very talented and supportive group.
Have a nice day. Things are looking up!

Fabbers
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#14 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:04 am

I'd also like to get on the list, when available.

mikej
B9 Moderator
B9 Moderator

NuVat by Evert

Post#15 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:59 am

I'm very excited to test Evert's new coating, it sounds like it has tremendous potential.
Evert is currently sending samples so we can test it's ability to:
- print small, jewelry type models (to compare achievable small detail vs the current pdms coating)
- release large XY cross sections (~100 x 75 mm), which has always been a challenge
- print tall (200 mm) solid objects, which can sometimes destroy a pdms coating before the print is complete

Once we've made these tests (with all possible haste) we will release our results. If, as I hope, things work as well as have been hinted at, then we will help Evert to actively sell his product/service here without any advertising fees, etc. This is not a privilege we would normally grant to a 3rd party vendor, but a pdms replacement coating could be a huge value to B9Creator owners!
Measure Twice, Cut Once.

lobby
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#16 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:23 am

Very interesting and promising development.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#17 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:24 am

Thanks for sharing this with us Mike,
I hope this will help us all in the long run,
I can refer people to this posting to explain just how important testing this is.
Vetting is important.

Metalcaster
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

NuVat by Evert

Post#18 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:17 am

This will be pretty amazing ! I sent an order for 3 as soon as it was mentioned... Guess we have to wait a while. No problem... we will just use up our pdms in the mean time.

Cre83D
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#19 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:40 am

Please put me on the list.
Very interesting !

danmr
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

NuVat by Evert

Post#20 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Would love to be on that test list I do print jewelry items for others and for my self, I cast mine and I'm a B9 V1.1 owner, even if don't make the cut I will definitely be a customer, Once the vat gets more out of the bag!

Return to “For Sale”