DWS prototyping machine for sale

Buy, sell or trade your 3D Printer items with others.
EugeneN
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:13 pm

For Sale 008 DWS Wax Prototyping Machine. Location (California)

The machine is 3 years old and is in Excellent condition. The machine will be sold with a large curing cabinet, a dual core dell laptop, 2 resin trays, one new bottle of resin and all the software needed to load models on to the printer. This printer is maintenance free and requires very little know how to operate it. I will be providing short short videos on how to operate and use the printer along with easy platform calibration.

The printer is great for growing 3-4 rings in 24 hours and has a large platform of 2.5 by 2.5 inches, larger than most laser printers out on the market today.
The printer is for sale for 10,000 dollars including shipping, original price ($28,500). This printer will work with any 3d cad software that is able to produce STL files. The waxes are sturdy with slight flexibility, this gives you the ability to file size or adjust the waxes at the bench just like carving wax. Bellow are images of the printer and the models i was capable of making on it.

Once again, this machine is super easy to use, i can be contacted for any support on using it and will send short videos on 3d model preparation loading on to the machine, post process of curing the resin model, and casting burnout instructions.

Here is some technical information about the machine from the manufacturer.

Show your customers more than a flat rendering of their jewelry--show them a three-dimensional, hold-it-in-your-hand model that gives them a real feel for what the finished piece will be.
Ideal for independent designers and for retail businesses that feature custom design, the DigitalWax® 008 is quiet-running and produces models complex models. Its 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" (65 x 65mm) working area can support multiple models--whether they're the same design or several different designs--and build them in a single build cycle.
Using the high-performance Solid-State BluEdge laser, this machine builds three-dimensional models from a proprietary photo-curable resin. Because the models are built literally layer-by-layer, there is no limit to the geometric complexity of the design you want to model: undercuts, cavities, extremely fine structuring and complex shapes are easily within reach.
• Slice thickness (X, Y axes): 0.01–0.10mm
• Laser scanning speed: 0–40mm/sec.
Rapid Prototype Machine:
• 3.0 amp
• 300 watt

I can be contacted on my cell 61two-986-eight634 or at my email notovich@hotmail.com
Last edited by EugeneN on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#2 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:40 pm

I could buy 5, B9 version 2 kits, for that money and grow most of those rings 3 or 4 at a time, in 4 hrs.
Dance like nobody's watching!

brumbaer
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#3 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:45 pm

It's always unfair to compare kit prices to assembled prices, as it does not take time wasted on assembly and debugging into account. It's still 3 B9 for the price of 1 DWS008. I assume the resin is also much more expensive.
I wouldn't buy one for this price, but I would love to test one for a week or two - I know this is not realistic as I'm some 9000km from California.
I find two features highly intriguing: 10um resolution (in all dimensions as I read it) and the super easy use.
I'd really like to see with my own eyes and hands :) how the machine stands up to those claims.

noahbern
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#4 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:17 am

I will give you $6,000. All in

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#5 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:40 am

3 B9HD assembled at the price of 1 USED DWS008

From what I have heard these are pretty good but I don't think they have a casting resin yet do they?

I would rather buy a new B9HD a new 22HD citique and Zbrush
I'm so far behind I think I'm First !!

funkin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#6 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:07 am

Why are you selling the machine if its in excellent condition?

CADDUDE
Lurker
Lurker

Re: DWS prototyping machine for sale

Post#7 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:51 pm

I currently own this machine and i am very happy with how easy and reliable it is. I had the patternmasters before, so big big change as far as headaches. Calibrating it is a breeze and yes; you only do it every time you switch the tray; knock on wood, no equipment failure in over three years, the resin casts well, you just gotta use a strong investment to counter the expansion of the resin as it melts.
The question i have for the seller is what kind of layering and hatching you used for these waxes? i have found that we have to build a slightly different file to use with the dws 008 than other machines, because the resin does "puff" up a little. So the prongs get "fatter" the filligree kind of runs into the walls. So to make it work, we make the filligree smaller, the walls slimmer and the prongs slimmer, to compensate for the "puff". The mill on the other hand, over cuts, so you tend to leave a little extra here and there.
I do recommend the machine though; just wish the definition was a bit better.

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#8 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:47 pm

you do realize this is a forum for B9 users don't you?

EugeneN
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#9 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:35 pm

sorry for the late reply, to answer some question, the machine is still for sale, i can discuss pricing over the phone, please call 612-986-8634. The green resine from the DWS machines is fully castable, ive been casting it for 3.5 years. you can see a casted ring in the one of the pictures, it was casted with a naycraft spincasting machine, 14kw. There is a reason these machines cost more money, and the only way to know is to actually own and use one. I'm not putting down the B9 creator in any way since i have one myself. The reason im selling the machine is that i own two 3Z solidscape machines with a large platform and they fit my shops output and consistency best. please contact me if you are a serious buyer and i will be happy to answer any questions.

EugeneN
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#10 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:38 pm

akgold wrote:you do realize this is a forum for B9 users don't you?

I can see that this is a B9 forum, it says it in the upper left corner. however there are plenty of topics on this forum about other machines, 3d programs, classifieds, casting equipment, i can keep going if you want.......

EugeneN
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#11 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:27 pm

new price 10,000 shipped.

Devlin
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#12 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:16 pm

I have heard those are good machines. The detail looks very nice.
Seems like a fair price, some might ask why you are selling
Good luck with your sale
Matrix 7.5, Zbrush 4r7, Minitech minimill 2, B9 Creator V1.2

akgold
B9 Wizard
B9 Wizard

Post#13 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:25 pm

EugeneN wrote:new price 10,000 shipped.

New price?
That is what it was in your original offer to sell last October.

EugeneN
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#14 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:00 pm

i changed the listing as well, it was 18,000 before.

EugeneN
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#15 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Devlin wrote:I have heard those are good machines. The detail looks very nice.
Seems like a fair price, some might ask why you are selling
Good luck with your sale

i have two 3z solidscapes and a larger dws as well. i still use this machine but not as much, so im selling it so someone can use it for its full potential.

arturo

Post#16 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:02 pm

I am from Chile, I´m looking for a cheaper 3d printer machine than Solidscape.
I do not yet what is the best for me, I mean, good definition and good castable resin...
Can you advise me

Robert Howle
B9 Creator
B9 Creator

Post#17 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Just go to the photo gallery and look at all the postings. Great casting and hi resolution prints . Nothing on the market compares to it when u consider cost, maint, consumables, etc.

Robert
Dance like nobody's watching!

EugeneN
B9 Maker
B9 Maker

Post#18 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:27 pm

bump

Fadic50
Lurker
Lurker